PDA

View Full Version : Who offers air fresheners with their detail jobs? If so what kind?

Pages : [1] 2

35TH LE
12-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Just curious... I was thinking about ordering a kit from Wonder Wafers. Personally I am in love with their Jasmine scent and thought it might be a nice addition to my services.

What do you use for air fresheners if anything?

35TH LE
12-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Nobody wants to smell good? lol

mikebai1990
12-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Usually, if you use the right cleaners and such, the smell should be just fine. I`m not a professional detailer, and I don`t use air fresheners in the car because it`s just too artificial for my liking. I just like the clean and simple smell of nothingness :)

Ceezer
12-06-2006, 08:03 PM
I, too, particularly enjoy the risidual aroma of a freshly detailed interior.

imported_hooked
12-06-2006, 10:42 PM
I asked this in "another" forum but got no hits...

I`ve noticed that some mobile car wash guys (not the Autopian types) use a interior detailing product that has a sickly strawberry smell. I suspect it`s the too shiny protectant that they spread all over the plastic parts. I can`t stand it. I don`t mean to offend anyone, but this stuff makes me nauseous. Is this something they get in gallons?

On another note, my daughters were with me at the Autozone and they were "sampling" the air fresheners and kept telling me to get the Strawberry or Banana or Pina Colada or whatever. I kept telling them that I didn`t want my car smelling like Fruit Salad!!!

I still prefer the New Car Smell even if it`s bad for you.

derek37
12-07-2006, 12:08 AM
I don`t offer them anymore. It seems like a year ago when I was, I was always forgetting to add the air freshener when I was done. Lot easier now that I don`t have to worry about it.

TrueDetailer
12-08-2006, 01:19 AM
I use wonder wafers. If you don`t know what they are, they`re 1x1 sqares that have been soaked in scents ranging from new car to vanilla. I`ll throw 1 or 2 in a car and it`ll last for a week or 2.

You can get a tub of 250 for like 18 bucks. Alot more expensive than say a little bottle of liquid concentrate but how long does that stuff last? Not long at all.

35TH LE
12-08-2006, 01:47 AM
I use wonder wafers. If you don`t know what they are, they`re 1x1 sqares that have been soaked in scents ranging from new car to vanilla. I`ll throw 1 or 2 in a car and it`ll last for a week or 2.

You can get a tub of 250 for like 18 bucks. Alot more expensive than say a little bottle of liquid concentrate but how long does that stuff last? Not long at all.

I wasnt too sure about the tubs... they are all opened vs the individual packs. How long do they last? Do they dry out?

deadlock32
12-08-2006, 02:57 AM
duragloss makes something called oder elimator. Its pretty good but this initial citrus smell can be much, but after it dies down it leaves a very unique smell. like if you mixed a very clean scent with that candy like smell of pipe tabacco. (think the tabacco isle of walgreens if they still exist) very pleasent and actually removes oder.

imported_mirrorfinishman
12-08-2006, 09:53 AM
It may not be a good idea to use a scent just because it is the flavor you like. You may want to consider offering an assortment of air fresheners, such as those `Little Trees` air fresheners that come in all types of flavors. Then, just let your customers choose their favorite.

TrueDetailer
12-09-2006, 03:45 PM
I wasnt too sure about the tubs... they are all opened vs the individual packs. How long do they last? Do they dry out?

I just found a tub about a week ago in the corner of my garage that i had got off the automagic truck about 6 months ago and never put in my trialer. And they smell the same as the ones i bough about a month ago. SO, i would say at least 6 months. You would probably use them all before they lose their scent.

I`ve tried all kinds of air freshners from liquid,to wafers, to little cork soaked style discs. And these by far my favorite.

TrueDetailer
12-09-2006, 03:49 PM
It may not be a good idea to use a scent just because it is the flavor you like. You may want to consider offering an assortment of air fresheners, such as those `Little Trees` air fresheners that come in all types of flavors. Then, just let your customers choose their favorite.

And thats why you let the customer know that if the smell becomes too overwhelming that there is a little wafer underneath the seat and they can remove it to get rid of the smell. Can`t do that with those sprays, stuck with the smell for at least a day or two. :xyxthumbs

imported_mopar
12-09-2006, 05:27 PM
Thats just too personal, I wouldn`t want a smell i dint like, i would rather pick my own.

35TH LE
12-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Guys... I never said Id just stick one in a customers car. I plan to have an assortment of 3-4 scents and let the customer pick.

imported_mopar
12-09-2006, 05:50 PM
Guys... I never said Id just stick one in a customers car. I plan to have an assortment of 3-4 scents and let the customer pick.

OK, good quality ones to choose from is nice.