PDA

View Full Version : Care for a Yakima faring?

Ceezer
12-05-2006, 10:50 PM
I`m assuming this material is just acrylic/plexiglass. I took a trip to Tampa a few weeks ago and brought half of it back with me in the way of love bugs and after several washings to get all the remnants off there seems to be some etching/pitting. Is there any way to take care of this by hand with a product, or do I just have to deal with it?

the other pc
12-06-2006, 01:08 AM
I doubt it’s acrylic, my guess would be polycarbonate. Yakima doesn’t say what it’s made of on their website. It’s probably a good idea to check with them before diving in with anything more aggressive than a light polish like PlastX or Novus.

Polycarbonate would be much more difficult to buff out than acrylic if it`s damaged.

PC.

Ceezer
12-06-2006, 05:46 PM
For what it`s worth, I gave it a go-over with some PlastX tonight and it had little to no effect (the etching isn`t really that deep, just all over). I guess I`ll just have to accept it and deal with it making my car look dirty all the time.

holland_patrick
12-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Just deal with it..

imported_jaobrien6
12-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Sorry to threadjack, but how well does the fairing work for you? I have a rack, but never got the fairing, `cause i didn`t feel that the wind noise was that bad. Just curious.