PDA

View Full Version : I have to share this...

medic159
12-04-2006, 07:06 PM
I`m invited to a business thing at the italian Culinary Institute in a couple of weeks and I am given two choices of meals. This will be, undoubtedly, the hardest decision of my life! The choices are:

Meal number one::

· Stuffed quail with foie gras, anise, apple and porcini mushroom farrotto.

· Tuscan kale, dandelion and sheep milk ricotta dumpling with castelmagno fonduta.

· Slow roasted pork side with white bean puree, broccoli rabe and caramelized onions.

· Tortino al cioccolato for dessert.

or

Meal number two:

· Antipasti misti

· Pappardelle with wild boar in barolo sauce

· Roasted capon with potatoes

· Panettone filled with ice cream for dessert

I can`t stop slobbering all over myself!

BlackElantraGT
12-04-2006, 07:08 PM
I can`t pronounce half the words in your post :)

Although if I had to pick, I think I would go with #1 for the quail and slow roasted pork

imported_Detailing Technology
12-04-2006, 07:10 PM
Go with the boar and pappardelle. REAL Italian food is gamey, go for the full effect.

ZoranC
12-04-2006, 07:34 PM
:soscared: DON`T DO IT! These are extremely dangerous to handle for anyone but highly trained professional! I am coming right over!

BTW, Meal numero Uno, IMO. ... and I hate you! :D

Kyle 87
12-04-2006, 08:06 PM
I would personally go with number 2. I don`t think you could make a wrong decision though, both of those sound absolutely delicious.

-Kyle

35TH LE
12-04-2006, 08:42 PM
#2.

Man.. my mouth is watering right now. LUCKY YOU!

bigltc
12-05-2006, 03:34 AM
Order 1 of each and `forget` to pick up your date.

Spilchy
12-05-2006, 06:28 PM
I`d go with #2.

I think you`re a meat and potatos kind of guy! I promise you won`t be happy with quail, especially if it has foise grois (duck liver) and you don`t like liver. Quail is normally served medium rare, meaning your poultry won`t be "cooked through." There is not much meat. You`ll feel like you`re chomping on a pigeon or something. Plus you have to watch out for shot pellets from shooting the bird if it is wild. My father gets quail at a French restaurant we frequent and he pulls out a shot every once in a while!! Kale is a green, bitter, leafy vegetable. Brocoli rabe is also bitter. The other dishes sound excellent.

The Pappardelle is a long flat noodle. Boar is wonderful. It is all over the Tusacn region of Italy. Barolo is a type of wine. It`ll be a thick style sauce - excellent! A Capon is rooster who had his family jewels whacked off lending to a very tender, fatty, tasteful meat. Panettone is sort of like a sourdough with candied fruit and stuff served at Christmas. I`m not a fan.

The main courses are very traditional Italian Christmas oriented depending on the region.

I`m sure everything will be excellent!

CalgaryDetail
12-05-2006, 10:48 PM
i would go with one. .there is nothing nicer then a stuffed qual.. with fas gras.. i love fas gras.. espicly when its nice and rare

cnlcolombian
12-05-2006, 11:00 PM
#2 my vote

Scottwax
12-05-2006, 11:28 PM
Tough decision, why not invite me along to have the option you don`t chose? ;)

the other pc
12-06-2006, 01:00 AM
...I can`t stop slobbering all over myself!Well it’s a good thing you’ve got enough soft, fluffy towels to handle spills. ;)

Hey, there’s a new product idea, the DF Concours bib! :D

PC.