PDA

View Full Version : Bass Fishing Video AWESOME

Basshog
12-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Not sure if there are any bass fisherman out there but even if you aren`t watch the video!

Regional Articles (http://www.futurebass.com/region2/article2/coolvid.htm)

BobD
12-04-2006, 11:51 AM
I see those guys using Baitcast reels and it ticks me off! I have a brand new one I have been trying to sell for a few months now. I can not get used to using one or controlling it. LOL

imported_flatstick
12-04-2006, 12:01 PM
I see those guys using Baitcast reels and it ticks me off! I have a brand new one I have been trying to sell for a few months now. I can not get used to using one or controlling it. LOL

It is all in the wrist and thumb. you need to feather it with your thumb until you gte the hang of it, especially into the wind :doh I grew up on an old Abu Garcia that weighed like 2 pounds , once you can use that one , everything else is easy :rofl I used to practice a lot. when it doubt have the magnets and tension set high and slowy ease off of it as you get used to it. the casts will be very short at first but you will get the hang of it. let me know if you need any help.

BobD
12-04-2006, 12:19 PM
It is all in the wrist and thumb. you need to feather it with your thumb until you gte the hang of it, especially into the wind :doh I grew up on an old Abu Garcia that weighed like 2 pounds , once you can use that one , everything else is easy :rofl I used to practice a lot. when it doubt have the magnets and tension set high and slowy ease off of it as you get used to it. the casts will be very short at first but you will get the hang of it. let me know if you need any help.

I gave up. LOL My dad, brother inlaw, and myself all got new ones to use this year. i messed with mine for about 15 minutes. After the line got so tangled I could not get it straight I just switched to my other reel. My dad and brother inlaw messed with there a little bit here and there all week long and never got the hang of it. LOL I just use a spin cast now and will probably stick with it.

Thanks!

imported_flatstick
12-04-2006, 12:30 PM
I gave up. LOL My dad, brother inlaw, and myself all got new ones to use this year. i messed with mine for about 15 minutes. After the line got so tangled I could not get it straight I just switched to my other reel. My dad and brother inlaw messed with there a little bit here and there all week long and never got the hang of it. LOL I just use a spin cast now and will probably stick with it.

Thanks!

Ok guess it is not for everybody. wish I could help you in person. know we could have you winging it out there in no time. the most common error seems to be not holding the angle of the wrist long enough. if you think baitcasters are tough , have you seen some people trying to fly fish ? that takes a ton of practice and remember to look behind you :LOLOL wish I had more time to get back into fly fishing as it truly is an art. what are you fishing for mostly, do you do any ice fishing ?

Mr. Clean
12-04-2006, 12:40 PM
... if you think baitcasters are tough , have you seen some people trying to fly fish ? that takes a ton of practice and remember to look behind you :LOLOL wish I had more time to get back into fly fishing as it truly is an art. what are you fishing for mostly, do you do any ice fishing ?

Fly fishing is the way to go. True it takes a lot of practice to master some of the nuances, but to just get out there and fish only takes rhythm and desire. Start out with shorter casts, allow yourself some room and enjoy. My baitcast and spincast outfits now gather dust in some corner of the garage since I found the fly. Too bad I don`t have more time to fish more often.

BobD
12-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Ok guess it is not for everybody. wish I could help you in person. know we could have you winging it out there in no time. the most common error seems to be not holding the angle of the wrist long enough. if you think baitcasters are tough , have you seen some people trying to fly fish ? that takes a ton of practice and remember to look behind you :LOLOL wish I had more time to get back into fly fishing as it truly is an art. what are you fishing for mostly, do you do any ice fishing ?

Oh man, fly fishing would be out of the question for me! :lol

Well, we just started fishing again this year. We used to fish a lot when I was a kid but stopped. We go to Michigan Upper Peninsula and where fishing for Northern Pike. We only caught two keeps as far as pike went the entire week though. My uncle got a 33" and I got a 35". We are going up one month earlier next year, before the water warms up and before the fish head back into the open water. Should be better fishing. As for ice fishing. I did that once right down the road at the Detroit River. I was just a kid and I don`t remember catching anything but frost bite. LOL I would like to try it though but with a shanty and the right equipment this time.

imported_flatstick
12-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Fly fishing is the way to go. True it takes a lot of practice to master some of the nuances, but to just get out there and fish only takes rhythm and desire. Start out with shorter casts, allow yourself some room and enjoy. My baitcast and spincast outfits now gather dust in some corner of the garage since I found the fly. Too bad I don`t have more time to fish more often.

I agree it is relaxing for sure. I started at a very young age and always pushed myself to get better casting. even though I have not touched a fly rod in years, I can still hear the line gliding the guides. also remember my first fish, a smallmouth I took on a mudler minnow. my friend and I used to fish for many things, bass, trout , bluegills. also used to fish out of a canoe ..... that took some getting used to lol !

imported_flatstick
12-04-2006, 12:56 PM

Well, we just started fishing again this year. We used to fish a lot when I was a kid but stopped. We go to Michigan Upper Peninsula and where fishing for Northern Pike. We only caught two keeps as far as pike went the entire week though. My uncle got a 33" and I got a 35". We are going up one month earlier next year, before the water warms up and before the fish head back into the open water. Should be better fishing. As for ice fishing. I did that once right down the road at the Detroit River. I was just a kid and I don`t remember catching anything but frost bite. LOL I would like to try it though but with a shanty and the right equipment this time.

Sounds like you are still having fun after getting out of it for a while. to me that is all that matters. it is a great way to spend some quality time with friends or family. when I went to Seattle to visit my brother for his wedding we talked about all of the funny things that happened when while we were fishing. it is also nice by yourself to just kind of clear your mind and enjoy nature in its glory :up ice fishing does take a special breed for sure but can be fun as well. just remember not to follow my friends lead and put your tongue on the spud bar :laugh: luckily we had some hot chocolate to put on it to get him free ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.... and yes he never did that again :sign

BobD
12-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Sounds like you are still having fun after getting out of it for a while. to me that is all that matters. it is a great way to spend some quality time with friends or family. when I went to Seattle to visit my brother for his wedding we talked about all of the funny things that happened when while we were fishing. it is also nice by yourself to just kind of clear your mind and enjoy nature in its glory :up ice fishing does take a special breed for sure but can be fun as well. just remember not to follow my friends lead and put your tongue on the spud bar :laugh: luckily we had some hot chocolate to put on it to get him free ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.... and yes he never did that again :sign

For sure it is about having fun, spending time with family, and being outdoors for me, more than anything. The entire week of fishing, and this was a t least 8-12 hours a day, we caught 9 keepers. 2 pike and 7 perch. But it was fun being out there on the water and up in Michigan`s UP.

Mr. Clean
12-04-2006, 01:36 PM

...We go to Michigan Upper Peninsula ....

Am I mistaken, or have I read that Michigan`s Upper Penisula has some prime trout fishing waters? Oh yeah, and black flies that rival a Texas Mosquito in their tenacity and thirst for blood :nervous:

BobD
12-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Am I mistaken, or have I read that Michigan`s Upper Penisula has some prime trout fishing waters? Oh yeah, and black flies that rival a Texas Mosquito in their tenacity and thirst for blood :nervous:

I think you are correct about the Trout. Actually I think it might be big in the Asauble River. And as far as black flies go, we came just after black fly season so we got lucky. This is no joke, There was this "thing" on the side of one of the cabins I found and have no idea what it was. My uncle said it was a bird, and trust me it was the size of a small bird, but it was an insect with like 6 legs. I told the resort owners about it one evening while they where over talking and they said, "Yep sounds like a big black fly". If we see flies THAT big next year when we go up a month early I am heading home. LOL