PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice.

KaeROeS
12-02-2006, 09:21 PM
So, I`m planning on detailing my car. I will be doing it by hand.I was thinking on doing following:

1.Wash

2.Clay Magic Clay Bar

3.Meguiars Deep Crystal Polish

4.NXT Wax

Does is sound rigth or should I add or ditch something? Sorry for a noob question. Thanks fo the help.

imported_DieselMDX
12-02-2006, 09:24 PM
Nope that sounds good but if you really want to take the paint to another level invest in a PC

the other pc
12-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Meg’s Deep Crystal Polish is a “pure polish†otherwise known as a “glaze.†It has no cleaning or scratch removal capability at all. If your paint is in near perfect condition, just dirty, your process looks good.

If you have swirls, stains or etching you’ll want to squeeze a cleaner step (like ScratchX or Deep Crystal Cleaner) in between the clay and polish steps or change out the DC polish for a cleaner/polish.

PC.

Accumulator
12-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Yeah, what the Other PC said. As soon as I saw the title of this thread I thought "that DC#2 probably won`t do what`s desired" because people often assume it`s something it`s not.

I wonder if the Deep Crystal #1 Cleaner (or maybe Color-X) would maybe be a better choice if you only want to use one product between the clay and the wax.

bsk_500
12-04-2006, 01:49 PM
What if i were to just:

-wash

-claying kit (comes with spray lube)

-paint cleaner ( what do you suggest?)

-wax Meguiars Liquid wax

... skip the polishing and go straight to waxing

.... a 2006 toyota and it`s white. garage kept when not at work. so what do everyone think of this? for now im thinking of just do this three steps. would this be fine or will i be wasting my time? thank you all in advance, scott

Accumulator
12-04-2006, 02:24 PM
What if i were to just:

-wash

-claying kit (comes with spray lube)

-paint cleaner ( what do you suggest?)

-wax Meguiars Liquid wax

... skip the polishing and go straight to waxing

.... a 2006 toyota and it`s white. garage kept when not at work. so what do everyone think of this? for now im thinking of just do this three steps. would this be fine or will i be wasting my time? thank you all in advance, scott

That`ll work fine. For the paint cleaner/polish step I`d use either Deep Crystal Step #1, or Color-X, or some cleaner-wax. I`d sure use Collinite instead of the Meg`s liquid wax though ;)

bsk_500
12-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Collinite Wax? why is that? please explain. i just thought that liquid wax is easier to wipe off since it`s liquid. last time i wax a was with turtle wax and took forever to get the wax off. i have not wax any car for over 20 yrs or maybe longer, untill i got my new car. i accidently found Autopia. i was searching for something else.

Dan
12-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Collinite just lasts a very long time for an OTC wax, but it can be kind of hard to find for being OTC. The ColorX is a great choice for a paint cleaner.

Accumulator
12-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Collinite Wax? why is that? please explain. i just thought that liquid wax is easier to wipe off since it`s liquid. last time i wax a was with turtle wax and took forever to get the wax off..

IMO you gotta compare the trade-offs: most liquids are easy to use but you have to use them very frequently as they don`t last all that long. Collinite isn`t that tough to use and it lasts a very long time, so you don`t have to do it very often.

IMO#2 most "wax removal" issues stem from putting it on *WAY* too thick. Note that a can of wax will usually last me many years, and I do a lot of waxing. People put on literally dozens of times more wax than they need to, and then have to buff 99% of it back off.

Collinite`s 845 Insulator Wax is a liquid (well, it`s like a thick gel until you shake/stir it up) and once you do all that shaking/stirring it`ll be very easy to use. Their 476S paste isn`t quite as easy, but as long as you put it on thin it`s not hard at all to buff off.

With proper prep before you wax (paint cleaners, polishes, etc.) the wax oughta go on/off without much trouble.