PDA

View Full Version : `03 Black SC430

mose
12-01-2006, 01:43 AM
I just found out that a buddy wants me to do his wifes SC430. I am relatively new to this but am confident that I can handle a black car cuz I just did mine and it turned out great!

I have only used DG products up to now but I am thinking that a car as nice as this is going to require something different. If I am wrong then cool and I will just go with what I know.

My question is about polishes and LSP`s.

I was thinking about Optimum Polish and then finshing with Poorboys Blue or S100. Are they both polishes? Can I put one on over the other? Would multiple coats turn out better? If I use eithe rof these finshing products can I still use DG AW after the next wash to make it look "wet" again? I have looked at a couple of Lexus` that Scottwax has done and could only dream that this would turn out close to that! I was wondering if this combo would be Ok for that car? If not, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

mose
12-01-2006, 01:49 AM
Also. if I use OP can it be used, effectively, with a PC? Does the outcome still depend on the pad selection?

imported_exclusivedetail
12-01-2006, 06:41 AM
The fact that they have asked you to do this car is a vote of confidence in your ability.I would go ahead and use what I already am experienced using , which is DG. If you follow trends in waxes you will have a great garage sale some day. While this is true I think you can inform your self of the various types of clear coats used by different manufactures and this will aid in your selection of products for the future.Best of luck

Brian_Brice
12-01-2006, 09:26 AM
Use what youre use to, there are learning curves and niches in many products. stick to what ya know till ya get more variety and experiment properly.

Dan
12-01-2006, 11:05 AM
If you follow trends in waxes you will have a great garage sale some day.

That is so true... its almost time for me to have a garage sale... shelves are full!:nervous: In reality, the LSP has the least to do with the final look of the car. I`ve compared waxes and sealants side by side and I`ll be darned if I can tell much of a difference on perfect paint when they are first applied. DG makes some nice stuff, no need to change there. What makes the car pop is the polishing stages and getting all the tiny details (duh).

Some day I need to post picks of a well polished car with no LSP in the click and brag...:laugh:

mose
12-01-2006, 12:31 PM
If you follow trends in waxes you will have a great garage sale some day :har:

That makes a ton of sense.....:2thumbs:

The side of me that is still learning want to experiment with new stuff and learn more. That`s the only way I am going to figure out what works best for me. The side of me that wants to do a good job and feel confident with what I am doing tells me to stick with what has worked and go for it.

Luckily I have found that the "pop" that we all crave IS in the prep work and the polishing. I have had really good success with DG and will probably go with that. If for no other reason to see how it looks compared too all the other higher end cars on here that use PB. Natty`s and S100. I am trying to think whether or not I have seen any write-ups on higher end details that have used DG products......don`t remember seeing any. I think that might have just made up my mind as to which way I am going. I think I will do the car with DG products and see how it works!

Thanks for the feedback guys!! :woohoo:

Bigpoppa3346
12-01-2006, 03:46 PM
Like everyone says, the looks are 95% prep. An LSP can alter the look of a well prepped vehicle quite a bit, IMO, but on well prepped paint, pretty much anything will look excellent. Just because it is a Lexus doesn`t mean you should treat it any different than any other cars you do.