PDA

View Full Version : Best quick/spray detailer that is durable?

Pages : [1] 2

metroplex
11-30-2006, 06:39 PM
I sometimes need to do a quick detailing job (small areas, etc...) and normally use Klasse. But rather than grab out the bottle, applicator, and microfiber towel... I was thinking about using a quick spray detailer or something that has an easier to use delivery system but would have the durability of Klasse in the end.

Any suggestions? Mix Klasse AIO with water in a bottle? Does that really work well?

For example, I want to polish the exhaust tips on my car frequently but it has to be a durable finish.

:thx

captkirk2
11-30-2006, 08:02 PM
AIO mixed with water works well. I cant remember the mix ratio that I tried. You could try 1/3 Klass and 2/3 distilled water to start.

joshtpa
11-30-2006, 08:08 PM
I like both Megs QD as well as Eagle One QD. Both work well. Also, I have been using ONR.

metroplex
11-30-2006, 08:14 PM
I thought I saw the ratio as well but I couldn`t find it. The Concours Direct card says to use 1 cap per 1 gallon of water to use the Klasse AIO as a car wash.

shortspark
11-30-2006, 08:31 PM
The ratio I use is 1 part SG to 3 parts distilled water in a mister bottle or rechargeable/reuseable arosol can. These work better than a sprayer bottle but that will work okay too. Use wowo method and apply just like a QD. Be sure the car is very clean as this homebrew does not clean well and is part sealant after all. If you can find it and don`t mind spending the money, Menzerna HGAS is tough to beat.

metroplex
11-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Doesn`t 1:3 require quite a bit of Klasse AIO? I suppose I can use a smaller mister bottle.

shortspark
12-01-2006, 07:52 AM
Doesn`t 1:3 require quite a bit of Klasse AIO? I suppose I can use a smaller mister bottle.

I`ve never used any AIO in this homebrew mix, just SG. That is an interesting idea but hopefully the car has had some kind of LSP (other than wax) and a polish won`t be necessary. This homebrew should go on a car that already has something like AIO or Werstatt`s Prime on it rather than over carnuba since it is part acrylic/polymer. In the ideal situation, the car will also have had a real LSP (such as Jett or SG) and the homebrew is used only as a refresher from time to time or after each wash.

It appears you are looking for a combo polisher/sealant and I don`t think you will find one that is very durable. I suppose you could try something like Sonus Spritz, Wolfgang`s Spray Sealant or Duragloss` AquaWax but even these should be ideally used as rejuvenators over some exisitng sealant. Any spray sealant you find will be nothing more than a "watered" down version of the manufacturer`s primary LSP. For example, Menzerna`s HGAS contains some FMJ in it and Werkstatt`s AG is "watered" down Jett. And I`ll bet that Sonus` Spritz is very similar to the Klasse homebrew mix we have been talking about.

slickwilly
12-01-2006, 10:57 AM
I use Meg`s QD for quick touch-ups. Works great and is pretty durable. Just spray and wipe with a microfiber.

Dan
12-01-2006, 11:09 AM
QD and durablity are polar opposites aren`t they? Anthing with a good cleaner doesn`t seem to last for me. If its clean AW is great, but its no QD.

gofastman
12-01-2006, 11:16 AM
QD and durablity are polar opposites aren`t they? Anthing with a good cleaner doesn`t seem to last for me. If its clean AW is great, but its no QD.

yep, what is it your trying to do? for max cleaning I use ONR QD, for spray wax I use Aquawax, NXT Speed Detailer falls somewhere in between in terms of cleaning and protection

imported_Lightman
12-01-2006, 01:09 PM
metroplex AIO is more of a cleaner than a sealant, it doesn`t offer much durabilty if any...like others, I have made a mix of klasse SG(sealant glaze) and water in a spray bottle which works ok for a booster spray after washes...however that`s all I use the ksg for anymore, because it`s such a PITA to work with.

PINITI
12-01-2006, 04:35 PM
If its clean AW is great, but its no QD. http://www.duragloss.com/products/DG_0921.jpg ... `nuff said!

zippymbr
12-01-2006, 04:43 PM
For a QD that adds real slickness try SLICK from Detailers Paradise. It does what the name says and adds a layer of slickness while cleaning. I use it after a QEW wash.

metroplex
12-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Klasse Sealant Glaze isn`t too hard to work with on my car.

I`m going to try mixing the SG with water next time. The AIO + water spray bottle trick worked nicely! I could easily detail parts of the car that I wouldn`t dare use a microfiber towel on.

dogma
12-01-2006, 06:12 PM
How about JW acrylic glos or Quick wash or dare I say Z6.