PDA

View Full Version : Edge 2000 Pad Cut?

cchiu1026
11-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Hey guys, I had purchased the edge kit about 1mo ago and used it 2 times. I do love the convenience of the pads and setup. Well unfortunately I need to do a car this weekend, Silver 2007 Honda Civic.

Now the pads that were given were Yellow Green Orange White Blue. Few weeks ago I had used the orange pad on a g35 and the pad ended up being a little lop sided (i believed by the packaging). Now i only have the other pads and need to do this car this weekend, the pad will not be in until monday. I tried looking at the Edge site to see what cut the green was but I couldn`t even find the orange pad there.

Basically this job I would probably use the Orange pad with, how does the green compare. Can it be used in place??

Chris

justin30513
11-30-2006, 04:27 PM
Yellow is the HEAVY cutting pad.

Green is the MEDIUM cutting pad.

Orange is a Polishing pad.

Blue is a finishing pad.

White is a very fine finishing pad.

I`d need to know more like what chemicals are you going to use?

cchiu1026
11-30-2006, 04:30 PM
I was going to start with OP and see how that does. Then finish with OP on a white pad.

Chris

justin30513
11-30-2006, 04:33 PM
I was going to start with OP and see how that does. Then finish with OP on a white pad.

Chris

I would use OP with the green EDGE pad. You only need to use a little and work it into 2X2 sections for about 5 minutes. Then come back with your LSP and use it on the white pad.

What is your LSP?

Btw....I just posted a detail using OP and a Green Edge pad.

imported_hooked
11-30-2006, 04:36 PM
From my research, the Orange goes between the Green (Medium Cut) and Blue (Finishing). I just used the Green with Optimum Compound and didn`t experience any holograms or hazing. I used the Blue pad with JW Prime:Strong to smooth things out.

I intend to use this combo on my Black Accord in the next month or so. But, I`ll make sure to do a test run before going over the whole car!!!

What Polish/Compound were you planning on using with the Green/Orange pad? If you`re worried about the Green being too abrasive, maybe you could use a gentler polish?

cchiu1026
11-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Yeah I read the Denali, I`m trying to experiment with the SG but for now I was going to top it off with NXT Wax. I know white and silver is a little more challenging to get a reflective finish, so i`ve read. I usually use a paste form, been applying by hand.

List of LSP:

P21s Paste

NXT Wax Paste

AIO

SG

and cleaner wax.

cchiu1026
11-30-2006, 05:02 PM
What Polish/Compound were you planning on using with the Green/Orange pad? If you`re worried about the Green being too abrasive, maybe you could use a gentler polish?

Optimum Polish

justin30513
11-30-2006, 05:12 PM
Yeah I read the Denali, I`m trying to experiment with the SG but for now I was going to top it off with NXT Wax. I know white and silver is a little more challenging to get a reflective finish, so i`ve read. I usually use a paste form, been applying by hand.

List of LSP:

P21s Paste

NXT Wax Paste

AIO

SG

and cleaner wax.

NXT would be a great choice! You will be very pleased. I have always been. Good durability too.

wannafbody
11-30-2006, 06:48 PM
black is their heaviest cut. The 8 inch pads list the yellow as medium cut, green as polish/light cut and blue as polishing.