PDA

View Full Version : Klasse Glaze Sealant Smells like Raw Sewage

metroplex
11-29-2006, 10:06 PM
I have used this bottle of Klasse Glaze for almost a year and it always smelled of "nothing". Klasse AIO still smells like light petroleum distillates, but now my bottle of Klasse Glaze smells like raw sewage.

The last time I used the Glaze was about 1 week ago and it didn`t smell. However as I was finishing up the detailing project, I left the cap a little loose and the temperature started to drop and humidity skyrocketed (weird MI weather). When I brought the bottle home, I sealed the cap and started to notice water beads forming on the outside of the bottle.

Now today I went to use it on a car and I thought I was going to throw up. The store I bought it from, Concours Direct, didn`t know anything about this.

I`d like to know why the smell changed so drastically and if it affects the performance of the product.

Setec Astronomy
11-29-2006, 10:27 PM
I always thought SG smelled rather disgusting, and the smell of mine hasn`t changed in the two years or so that I`ve had it.

Deviant
11-29-2006, 10:54 PM
I`ll admit Klasse Sealant Glaze doesn`t smell very good, but it`s nothing near raw sewage

beastie
11-29-2006, 11:11 PM
You passed a silent killer while bending to smell the KSG.

Minou
12-01-2006, 09:24 PM
I bought a Klasse kit from Concoursdirect.com a month ago and when I received the package, the bottle of Klasse SG had leaked all over the inside of the box. Upon letting the bottle dry, I noticed there is a small hole right under the bottle handle. Mine has a little funky smell also but nothing like raw sewage - perhaps it`s from that hole.

I contacted the seller and they promised a replacement bottle.... they never sent it and disregard my emails. They wanted to file a claim with UPS (making the leak `their` fault)

Sounds like you have problems with the products you purchase from this company also. I will never buy from them or recommend them.

BTW, the Klasse AOI and SG is awesome! My friends were so impress with my car`s look, They both ordered some Klasse AIO/SG (not from Concoursdirect.com )

GlossyTundra
12-02-2006, 08:52 AM
I had the same thing happen with my AIO. Worst smell I think I have ever smelled. Autogeek.net sent me a new one.

metroplex
12-02-2006, 08:58 AM
I had the same thing happen with my AIO. Worst smell I think I have ever smelled. Autogeek.net sent me a new one.

Concoursdirect blew me off and said they never had that happen. I`m going to shop at Autogeek in the future.