PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else tried the LC 5.5" low profile pads?

Pages : [1] 2

EBPcivicsi
11-29-2006, 11:19 AM
5.5 inch Dual Action Pad Combo (http://www.autogeek.net/55induacpadc.html)

They only come in white and orange, but so far they have been fantastic for me. I use the PC to follow up with after rotary work. IMO, these pads bridge the gap between the 4" spot pads and the 6.5" regular pads. They are thinner than regular pads and IMO allow the PC to do much more work.

I haven`t had the chance to try them out with the rotary, but plan to do so this weekend.

If I did correction via PC, I would not be without these pads.

In a perfect world, I could get these pads in the green pad material that the edge, american buffing pads, etc uses. :D

Anyone else use these?

SilverLexus
11-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Interesting...I have not tried them but I have yet to be disappointed with any Lake Country product.

EBPcivicsi
11-29-2006, 11:53 AM
Interesting...I have not tried them but I have yet to be disappointed with any Lake Country product.

The quality of their pads is always great, but I am not a fan of the "regular" 6.5" white polishing pad. I wish it were thinner and had a centering button, but that has more to do with preference.

If I could make the perfect pad *for me* it would be 5.5", made of the green buffing foam, have the durability of the LC foam, have a recessed area for the BP with velcor *all* the way to the edges, and have a centering button for use with the rotary. Why can`t someone make a pad like that? :D

mose
12-11-2006, 09:41 PM
I am finding that I love the 5.5" pads! Maybe it`s just inexperience on my part, but the PC seems to bog down with the 6.5" pads. I wish they made a yellow pad in the 5.5"!!!

2.5RS
12-11-2006, 09:47 PM
I got a couple 5.5 orange pads, when I first got my PC. The more I`ve used them, the more I`ve noticed the difference in vibration in pad sizes. The 6.5`s shake my arm to death. 5.5`s seem a lot more gentle, anyone else notice this? In fact, because of this I just ordered a couple more, and a few in white which I`m excited to get (friday, if UPS is telling me the right day)

- Andrew

Juztang
12-11-2006, 10:00 PM
I use the 5.5 orange pads every once in a while. They do work great.

SpoiledMan
12-11-2006, 11:07 PM
I have a couple of the orange and love em. Probably my favorite overall pad for the PC.

ZoranC
12-12-2006, 02:10 AM
Anybody else carries these?

Envious Eric
12-12-2006, 02:33 AM
i have them and use them...but with a 5" backing plate, it is really easy to get the pad to stop spinning with pressure....with the same pressure on a 6" backing plate with the exceldetail pads, the pad doesnt stop...i know its quite the opposite effect most have, i dont understand it either...

EBPcivicsi
12-12-2006, 09:11 AM
i have them and use them...but with a 5" backing plate, it is really easy to get the pad to stop spinning with pressure....with the same pressure on a 6" backing plate with the exceldetail pads, the pad doesnt stop...i know its quite the opposite effect most have, i dont understand it either...

Yep, that`s the opposite from my experinces with the PC. I have found that the lighter the pad/BP combo--the more it spins. There sure are a lot of different experineces with the PC, I wonder how close the QC is with the PC?

BigAl3
02-05-2007, 02:29 AM
anyone else prefer the 5.5" pads over the 6.5"?

EBPcivicsi
02-05-2007, 08:55 AM
anyone else prefer the 5.5" pads over the 6.5"?

I have changed over to using them exclusively with the PC. IMO, they are the best pads to use with the PC if you want maximum load without bogging.

SpoiledMan
02-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Same here Joe. I just bought a bunch of them this December. Still don`t work on the super soft black BMW`s though.;)

imported_iceberg
02-05-2007, 01:01 PM
I`ve got them as well and switched over to them nearly exclusively because of the lesser vibration.

EBPcivicsi
02-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Same here Joe. I just bought a bunch of them this December. Still don`t work on the super soft black BMW`s though.;)

Even with 106FF?

I guess finishing with the rotary is the way to go with that paint. I have a black M3 coming in on Friday--I`ll let you know how it goes. :D