PDA

View Full Version : Teph Seal ????

Detail 1
11-28-2006, 11:54 PM
Any One ever heard of Teph Seal or worked for them???

a.k.a. Patrick
11-28-2006, 11:55 PM
Howabout a link?

Detail 1
11-29-2006, 12:01 AM
Sorry Link??

a.k.a. Patrick
11-29-2006, 12:34 AM
Found it............ (http://tephseal.com/)

Never heard of them, course Im certain they`ve never heard of me either...........

the other pc
11-29-2006, 01:14 AM
Well, if they haven’t heard of you Patrick I sure wouldn’t trust them. ;)

PC.

a.k.a. Patrick
11-29-2006, 07:46 AM
Lol..............

EBPcivicsi
11-29-2006, 08:54 AM
They made a run through Memphis about 18 months ago--had *a lot* of in house dealership accounts. In less than 6 months they were run out of town. From what the dealers tell me--they over promise and under deliver--come in with slick suits and promise the world, then the work is slow and below average.

I can`t speak for the company as a whole, but the work in Memphis was awful--they did inadvertently send some work my way though. :D

Detail 1
11-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Well same thing here in Baltimore they are doing real **** work..seems to me its a big sell by big shots making all the money.. not paying there employees anything...The reason im asking is that im putting a bid against them at a big dealer ship 200 new 150 used cars a month woundering what they are charging per car used and new , any help would be great guys thanks....

EBPcivicsi
11-29-2006, 10:34 AM
Well same thing here in Baltimore they are doing real **** work..seems to me its a big sell by big shots making all the money.. not paying there employees anything...The reason im asking is that im putting a bid against them at a big dealer ship 200 new 150 used cars a month woundering what they are charging per car used and new , any help would be great guys thanks....

I know a guy that did the exact same thing--he is doing quite well, or he is busy anyways. They came into a Honda dealership and put teph seal out. FWIW, they charge $120 for every full detail on trade-ins, auction cars are a little less, new cars are $20 for PDI, with a free wash and wax at the time of delivery. They also charge about $20 per vehicle to dye the carpets (SEM) and put the dealer must remove plastic in the floor. They do huge volume, but I am not sure what they bring home at the end of the day. They have expanded this into two other dealerships so they are doing something right-or working for nothing. :D

I would get *everything* in writing up front with the dealership.

This guy had a problem with the used car manager not letting him detail some of the auction cars (which are typically very easy as they are clean). Instead of running *everything* through detail, which is what they agreed upon, he would just put the auction cars on the lot. This was a big deal to the detailer as the auction cars allowed him to "make up" for the times when a trashed trade in came through that required extensive reconditoning.

FWIW, the work isn`t great--a full detail includes:

wash

buff with knitted wool polishing pad and a swirl remover

hand wax with an express wax

blow out interior

vac

wipe down dash

dress tires

carpet dye and plastic

An autopia who was used to working could bang a job like that out in 2.5-3 hours, so I guess $120+$20 for the carpet wouldn`t be a bad hourly rate.

They also do *some* reatil work which is billed through the service dept...

Hope this helps..

BTW, I am sure that each market is different in terms of price/expectations.

Detail 1
11-29-2006, 06:46 PM
Thanks Thats a big help..Good to have some inside info before a bid...I know here they stay with the cars till its sold that meens even if the car sits on the lot for a month we would have to maintance it once a week for free usally that just meens a wash once in awhile a vac... I was thinking 120 used 75 new...they are waxing all new taking off all plastic wash, vac and windows... service cars is were i hope i can make the money sell trhe service package at 239.00 a car i get 140 they get 100 then up sell from there..also all the after market **** like sealents ext......... well we will see the big meeting is thursday.... thanks any more help would be greatly appreciated....

jhall629
02-05-2010, 05:01 AM
I have worked for them...the way they "detail" cars isn`t what i`d call detailing...its more of just cleaning and waxing and giving the interior a quick clean out...their idea is less time spent on a car is more time available to do other cars...meaning theyre money hungry..plus they dont treat their employees very well. they`ve been in the cincinnati area for a while...they were doing work at a car dealership my dad worked at for 20 years and within a year the dealership told them to pack their bags and leave. I have recently noticed the dealership in which i worked at for them, has told them to leave. So all in all they won`t be in business much longer if they keep operating like that. Hope this helped!