PDA

View Full Version : Can`t wait! Souveran is on it`s way, couple questions first though.

usracer900
11-28-2006, 11:29 PM
Spent the better part, off and on for the past two weeks polishing on my car with DACP and AIO. I`m passing on the Klasse SG and intend on using #21 because I`ve read it ultimately looks better and is easier to use. I intend on applying Souveran for the ultimate look.

Couple questions though: The car looks great as is, with AIO, what will look better, simply topping it with Souveran only or with the #21 and Souveran together? How many coats of #21 should I use? I`ve read it`s common to layer SG, does the same theory apply to #21?

Also, I bought the Souveran starter kit from Autogeek and it includes a 2 oz "paintwork cleansing lotion" to be applied before waxing. If I apply this over #21 will it simply remove it? Or should I skip this "cleansing lotion"?

Many thanks again.

Glossmaster
11-28-2006, 11:45 PM
You`ve already polished so I`d skip the cleansing lotion. No need to use it since you`ve used the DACP. Go with 2 layers of #21, allowing a minimum of 24 hours between layers, then top with Souveran. Then.............prepare to be astonished!!

mcnab
11-29-2006, 12:18 AM
Well quite honestly, don`t get your hopes TOO high....I`ve used a ton of LSPs from #21 to Nattys Blue to the famed sourveran...I honestly felt for the price, that souveran has a minimal difference from the natty`s blue. It looked very very very minimally wetter. Only reason I noticed was because of I knew what I was looking for. Don`t get me wrong, Souveran is great, but there are other products that have just as good or better results for cheaper. As this site will teach you, just because it may have a higher price tag, doens`t mean it`s better :)

Have fun w/ the Souveran, make sure you post pics!

Scottwax
11-29-2006, 12:59 AM
Rob is right, lay down a base of #21 and finish 24 hours and a wash later with Souveran, and another layer of Souveran after each wash for 3 weeks. Crazy depth!