PDA

View Full Version : RDF versus Zaino Z5Pro

buzzb
11-28-2006, 10:55 PM
okay testers who have compared them side by side- what`s the verdict? If you had a full vial of ZFX (which I do)- would you wait and buy RDF or simply buy a bottle of Z5Pro- which will last me for years? I have a black G35 if that helps. Any feedback is appreciated. I definitely want to try out the RDF trim and tire product but I`m just not sure if the sealant is worth a switch from Zaino yet.

Dolphin463
11-29-2006, 12:02 PM
What is RDF?

Pats300zx
11-29-2006, 12:23 PM
What is RDF?

Red Dot Formula

buzzb
11-29-2006, 03:13 PM
strengths and weaknesses of each? Does anyone have any additional feedback. RDF looks awesome, based on the pictures that have been posted, but I want Zaino users to chime in if their experience with RDF is enough for a switch. I know some have switched from Zaino to Duragloss as well which is yet another option. :hairpull Thanks!

SamIam
11-29-2006, 03:52 PM
I`ve used both, and in fact, on my Glacier Mica Frost( Pearl White is the English Translation) Lexus, I have RDF....on my Metallic Gold Honda Odyssey, I have Zaino Z5 topped with Z2.

If I already had the ZFX, I would just go ahead and buy the Zaino Z5. Why not? It`s great stuff, and with the ZFX already in hand, I`d pony up a few extra and get Z5.

Both look good. On a well prepped finish, they will look pretty similar. I think the Z may feel slick longer, but its close enough that I could be wrong. The Z is easier to spread, in my opinion, but you need to mix up the ZFX, which may be a turnoff for you. Was for me, until I actually used it, then, no biggie.

Both look good, I would invest in the spray sealant whichever way I went.