PDA

View Full Version : Can I top KSG with NXT?

backwoods_lex
11-28-2006, 03:56 PM
I`ve read that NXT has some cleaning ability, but I`m not sure how much. I`d like to top it on 3 layers of KSG, but I don`t want to remove any of the KSG. Anybody know? Thanks.

Milestones
11-28-2006, 04:05 PM
NXT probably would remove enough of the KSG that it would be a waste of time to apply KSG then NXT.

Probably a bad idea because, as you said, NXT has some cleaning properties - it`s somewhat designed to remove other waxes/sealants to ensure a fresh bonding surface.

How much KSG would the NXT remove? A little? A lot? All of it? - No way to know for sure and that`s what makes it a bad idea IMO. I wouldn`t do it.

THB/THB

backwoods_lex
11-28-2006, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the tip. I`ve got some s100, which most people would prefer, but I`m not the biggest fan of it. One of the reasons I was thinking NXT was to remove the haziness from the Klasse as I am still trying to perfect my application and removal technique. Thanks again.

imported_Lightman
11-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Klasse is such a PITA. Since you went thru the pain (i`ve formally decided to abandon my bottle for better/more modern sealants), you might as well top it with something that has no cleaners/solvents...although I think nearly any product when applied will absorb/dissolve some of the previously applied ksg. I topped 3 layers of ksg on my black truck with cg 5050 and it turned out really well.

beastie
11-28-2006, 11:09 PM
I used NXT paste over SG at one time. I have a sapphire blue metallic car. It came out pretty good but not as good as the Klasse twins by themselves. I prefer it over K twins/S100. It got better as I laid down 3-5 layers of NXT over the SG.