PDA

View Full Version : What`s the best swirl filler please (by hand)?

CamV6
11-28-2006, 09:25 AM
I have a few light swirls in my 2005 Audi TT.

Paint is generally in good condition and I`d like to try and get it looking perfect.

I dont have a PC yet (hint hint Santa!) so will be doing ot by hand. Frankly I`m scared of using abrasives of any sort, so I`m happy to just fill/hide the swirls for now.

My product range does include a bottle of Vanilla Mosse wax which I`m told is ok for what I want to do, but I just wondered if you guys had any better recommendations please.

Is Sonus swirl buster (and pad) a better choice do you think?

TBH, I am lazy, and would like to find a one coat product that has a deep wet finish with worthwhile longevity.

Any suggestionsplease ?

BobD
11-28-2006, 09:31 AM
http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/77859-test-swirl-removal-hand.html?highlight=swirl+removal+hand

imported_flatstick
11-28-2006, 09:40 AM
Awesome to see you used the link. it was a good test for people doing some removal/ hiding by hand :xyxthumbs

Accumulator
11-28-2006, 11:43 AM
I have a few light swirls in my 2005 Audi TT...

I dont have a PC yet (hint hint Santa!) so will be doing ot by hand. Frankly I`m scared of using abrasives of any sort..

TBH, I am lazy, and would like to find a one coat product that has a deep wet finish with worthwhile longevity.

Any suggestionsplease ?

Heh heh, you can only be *so* lazy and still get decent results ;)

Whatever you use to hide the marring (see that link on doing stuff by hand), I`d top it with something like Collinite so things *stay* hidden for a while.

But unless Audi has quit using the hard (and thick) clear that mine have, you sure don`t need to worry about using abrasives on it.

steelwind101
11-28-2006, 12:15 PM
Megs #80 speed glazed seemed to be choice on here before. It fills and has some correcting ability. Work it until its clear and drys, i recently posted about german light cut pads only 46 people looked and none posted a reply.

I thought these might help people alas i guess no one has used such applicator products.

Geoff

Milestones
11-28-2006, 04:09 PM
Megs Scratch X; and

Einszett 1Z - Paint Polish (for minor marring/swirls) or Extra (for heavier marring/swirls),

- All seem to get a lot of praise for correcting swirls/marring by hand.