PDA

View Full Version : 2007 4runner - dry leather ?

delikid
11-27-2006, 02:50 PM
We just bought my wife a new 2007 4runner limited. New as in only 78 miles on it. :up

This is my first experience with a new Toyota vehicle. Is all their new leather as dry as cardboard? :nixweiss I first noticed the dryness going straight out of a sharp turn... you know how you let the steering wheel slide under you hand? It sounded and literally felt like cardboard! I was horrified - this is a brand new vehicle!!! :mad:

I`ve put a couple of coats of Meg`s Leather Cleaner & Conditioner and the condition of the leather has improved greatly.

I`ve searched autopia.org for info on this. But, I didn`t find anything about it. Is this Toyota`s standard new leather?

Thanks,

Ian

BlueLibby04
11-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Ive never liked the quality of Toyota products.. They all look the same as the inside of a Toyota Corolla..

Bigpoppa3346
11-27-2006, 03:26 PM
Ive never liked the quality of Toyota products.. They all look the same as the inside of a Toyota Corolla..

Same with me, besides the Avalon, which I like, Toyotas just feel cheap to me. In my experience with Toyota Leather (04` Land Cruiser and 05` Highlander), the leather is pretty soft, albeit a bit "rubbery", if you will.

silvergray
11-27-2006, 03:27 PM
It is entirely possible for new leather to be hard, my friends Corolla had really hard leather also. I would order some Zaino leather conditioner, its awesome. A couple coats of good conditioner should take care of that.

Marc Hufnagel
11-27-2006, 04:00 PM
Toyota isn`t what it used to be some 10yrs ago even.

Glossequation
11-27-2006, 04:04 PM
But is still the best car manufacturer in the world and about to take over the joke known as GM.

In any event, my leather is supple and soft, in fact I won`t even condition it for a couple months.