PDA

View Full Version : Water spots

SVR
11-27-2006, 04:52 AM
Have you found any sealants that prevent acid rain spots?

Just curious.

My car recently got rained on during a big storm, then I let it dry up and sit in the garage for a week, absolutely covered in road grime, dirt and spots and after washing, found that they didn`t leave any etching.

mikebai1990
11-27-2006, 03:55 PM
If I remember correctly, sealants tend to exhibit water spotting more than carnaubas. Carnaubas seem to perform better in rain. However, being a user of Collinite 476S, after rainstorms, I still have water spots. I usually just wash it again.

SVR
11-28-2006, 07:31 AM
My 95 toyota hilux I polished three months ago and I sealed with driven polymer polish (machine buffed it in and then wiped on and let dry.

Two weeks ago it got rained on (dirty rain), then got hit with 35 C full sun for three days and more rain at the end of the week and I washed tonight with my latest deep conditioning and protective shampoo formula and dried with WW and QD and it is still as slick and water spot free as the day I sealed it.

Unbelievable.

Getting the same results with JW Jett after prime by machine and also the double strength fireglaze and ultra gloss.

I agree however that wax does really help with water spots, though I don`t use it on my car anymore.

Dan
11-28-2006, 04:52 PM
I noticed a few maybe 5 or 6 water spots on my Prius this weekend. Its been treated with lots of Z2 and Z5. There are definately etched spots. Major bummer. Lots of ZPC improved them but did not get them all the way out. Starting to wonder if there isn`t anything to this sheeting thing meguiars is advocating.