PDA

View Full Version : zaino problems

matrix_808
11-26-2006, 06:00 PM
has anyone using zaino had problems with water spotting. i applied about 5 coats of z-2 and 2 coats of z-5 over a month period.

2-3 weeks after not adding any extra coats, i noticed some water spotting. nothing too major that a little aio cant get out, just never had this happen with my other sealants like ex-p and fmj.

so anyone else had this problem with zaino and how do you get rid of it. i know i could just go over it with aio or something, but was wondering if there was a different way so i dont take off my coats of zaino?

dogma
11-26-2006, 06:46 PM
I never had that problem with Zaino. I would think Z6 or Z8 would get the spots off.

Scottwax
11-26-2006, 06:49 PM
I doubt this is a specifically "Zaino" problem because water spotting seems more dependent on the mineral/solids content of the water than anything else.

I agree with dogma, try some Z6 or Z8 first.

matrix_808
11-26-2006, 09:59 PM
ya i tried using both z-6 and z-8. i just dont know whats wrong. Im not doing anything different than before when i was using FMJ, UPP, EX.

wash methods are still the same.

SilverLexus
11-26-2006, 10:10 PM
I wonder if this is related to using too much product since you have 5 layers. I find anything above three is a waste. Are you applying very thin layers?

wannafbody
11-26-2006, 10:51 PM
I`d reccomend trying Duragloss water spot remover. It will remove mineral spots without removing the Zaino. You aren`t by chance washing with QEW are you?

Setec Astronomy
11-27-2006, 12:17 AM
If the OP was referring to whether Zaino contributes to water spotting, I can say that the crazy, long-lasting Zaino beading can leave beads on certain surfaces where they dry, leaving spots. IMO, some other sealants wouldn`t hold the beads as well in these areas, and they would flow out, leaving less spotting. It has to do with the geometry of the car, but IMO, the small Zaino beads stand alone and stay on the car, where a product with less intense beading, the beads may aggregate together and become too large to stay on the car.

SilverLexus
11-27-2006, 01:35 PM
If the OP was referring to whether Zaino contributes to water spotting, I can say that the crazy, long-lasting Zaino beading can leave beads on certain surfaces where they dry, leaving spots.

It would take some hard water for that I would imagine. I`ve never had any water spotting before but that may be a function of quality water.

matrix_808
11-28-2006, 12:04 AM
i wash with z-7, ok so i forgot about that change when i started using zaino, i started using their car soap, before that i was using PB`s ss&s.

yes i applied thin layers, curious how would applying too much lead to more chances of water spotting.