PDA

View Full Version : How good does Klasse SG really look?

usracer900
11-26-2006, 03:20 AM
Car is a 93` MR2 with single stage red. Just finished polishing with DACP and AIO and honestly it looks great, very shiny and nice reflections. I started applying SG on a couple sections, wiped on pretty thin and wiped off after a couple minutes. It looks like the SG has actually muted the reflections and depth somewhat. I`m using a halogen lamp and made sure all the SG was wiped off, no streaks either. It just doesn`t look as good as with AIO alone.

So, does SG actually improve the appearance/depth/reflections or is it simply for ultimate protection? I know layering will help but I`m thinking about using a different product at this point. Also, should I let SG cure overnight before wiping it off? Will this help increase the appearance?

I`m think about purchasing #21 or Werkstatt Acylic topped with Souveran instead. Opinions? I`m looking for the ultimate shine/depth/wettness etc. How do these compare to Mother`s FX wax topped with Topcoat? I just bought these two products and after one application to a panel couldn`t tell the difference than with AIO alone.

Thank you.

abbeysdad
11-26-2006, 08:36 AM
Well, just my take but KSG provides a clean `candy coating` sheen, rather than a bright shine. I think in this case, the superior protection results in less shine or pop.

I`ve read hear in `the perfect shine` that acrylic topped with pure wax like Souveran, P21S, S100 produces more shine.

I just happened to top my AIO/KSG with Collinite 476, but following ONR washes, have used a little Duragloss Aquawax. I think the AW finally gave me the pop I was after.

Scottwax
11-26-2006, 12:16 PM
It might look better in a day or so when SG completely cures. I do prefer the looks of Acrylic Jett over SG and the improvement in appearance is immediate.

mongo
11-26-2006, 01:41 PM
Scott when you said Werkstat over KSG did you mean "instead off" or really over the KSG.

thanx much mongo

imported_Lightman
11-26-2006, 04:41 PM
Haven`t had enough time to test its durability yet, but CG`s FS sealant is far easier on/off, and provides a noticeably better shine and more slickness than KSG.

Scottwax
11-26-2006, 04:45 PM
Scott when you said Werkstat over KSG did you mean "instead off" or really over the KSG.

thanx much mongo

I meant using either Prime/AJ or AIO/AJ instead of using SG altogether.

usracer900
11-26-2006, 11:01 PM
I meant using either Prime/AJ or AIO/AJ instead of using SG altogether.

Hey Scott,

What`s your experience with Meg. 21? How does it compare to the Werkstatt? How about topping one of these sealants with Souvern?

Thanks.

Deviant
11-26-2006, 11:33 PM
Although Klasse offers good protection, I`m not to fond of the looks myself. Werkstatt`s is a much more appealing product then Klasse imo.