PDA

View Full Version : White cars should be clayed more often?!

FidoAUTO
11-25-2006, 02:24 PM
Hey guys....

My girfriend has a loaded 2006 Mazda 3 in White. I got the car delivered to me `unprepped` from the dealer back in July (even though I know its pretty hard to screw up white)...

I clayed the car (though at the time it didn`t need it, I did it anyways) and then I Zaino`d the car with two coats of Z2p w/Zfx before it even hit the road.

So 4 months later I take her car to give it a `once over` before the salt and sand start to hit the roads. What I couldn`t believe was the amount of embedded dirt and pollution that was `visible` after only 4 months. We all know that claying white is a true PITA because you can see every single speck left behind........ I think I may have come to the conclusion that a white car (maybe only mazda3??) Must be clayed an average of 3 times a year to keep that `Fresh off the showroom" look that I always intend to go after.

Does anybody share my pain??

Joshua312
11-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Oooh boy do I share your pain! I always thought I would want white for my next car but after detailing my moms white minivan it is an absolute pain!

I also detailed a white excursion this summer and it was also a mess with brake particles and embedded crap! Unfortunately once the dirt starts building up it really takes some effort to get it looking perfect once again.

imported_MCA
11-25-2006, 03:59 PM
I hear you on the little specks on white cars - they really do stick out. Also on side note, single-stage white is a pain in the rear to correct (in terms of marring).

Dan
11-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Yep, white does show the specks more, but you can`t see them from far away. Very hard to see swirls though!

David703
11-25-2006, 04:04 PM
I had a white Lightning pickup truck. I was claying all the time! I feel your pain!

ShineyWhiteRex
11-25-2006, 04:12 PM
Agreed, I clay everytime Im going to apply anything. I always tell myself "Make it quick so you arent out here all day!". I just end up splitting my car in half and doing one side one day and the other the next because I get all autopian about it. Unfortunetly every 3 months is gonna be the norm, good luck with it!

Wasatch
11-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Once or twice a year is just fine on claying, I do not have this problem.

David Fermani
11-25-2006, 07:08 PM
My wifes white Escape constantly gets brake dust rust embedded on the rear of the vehicle`s paint. No matter how much wax or sealant I have on the car, it still rusts on top of everything. I think the only way to minimize it is to regularly keep it washed. Also, I think different areas of the country are affected differently by this rust process. I think areas with higher humidity are more prone to it. The brake dust lays on top of the paint and over night it condinsates and causes it to rust in a very short time. This condition is on EVERY vehicle, it`s just more obvious on lighter colors.

Envious Eric
11-25-2006, 07:32 PM
sonus block clay is your friend on white....remves everything in just a couple passes....

imported_Suprchargd
11-27-2006, 02:25 AM
I have had success with Wolfgang clay on my car which is white. I feel you guys on the specks and everything with white. People always group white and silver as colors that are easy to maintain since they hide the dust/dirt buildup of everyday driving but I think white is definitely much worse than silver.

FidoAUTO
11-27-2006, 01:49 PM
Here she is after I was done.... pic is not best quality cuz it was from my phone...

http://www.fidoleasing.ca/Picture32.jpg