PDA

View Full Version : Meguirs Mirror Glaze 80 before FOUR STAR UPP O.K??

busyguy
11-24-2006, 05:03 PM
Detailing my moms O3 toyota.

Is it safe to use the Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection (synthetic) after the Meguires Mirror Glaze 80 Professional Speed Glaze

Bigpoppa3346
11-24-2006, 05:10 PM
The UPP may have trouble bonding over the #80 oils. Do a quick wash or IPA wipedown prior to UPP.

busyguy
11-24-2006, 06:48 PM
ok. thanks.

Is the speed glaze 80 fairly safe to use with a buffing wheel on an 03 paint job?

I used it on the entire car..is that ok as well? thanks again for the help! I called 4 or 5 product distributors, but everyone is closed or busy...

Mach30SiR
11-24-2006, 09:29 PM
I`m not that knowledgeble of glazes but wouldn`t an ipa wipe down negate any results one would expect from using a glaze?

wannafbody
11-24-2006, 09:37 PM
I`m not that knowledgeble of glazes but wouldn`t an ipa wipe down negate any results one would expect from using a glaze?

Yes but most polymers bond better over a clean, oil free surface.

a.k.a. Patrick
11-25-2006, 01:02 AM
I believe #80 is referred to as Speed Glaze, but its better attributes are its polishing characteristics. I used the 80/UPP for quite a while before some of my current products came along.......

SpoiledMan
11-25-2006, 01:37 AM
I just don`t know why this keeps going about #80 being this bottle of oil. It leaves a squeaky clean surface after being used properly and wiped away. It works JUST FINE when used prior to UPP.

Scottwax
11-25-2006, 03:58 AM
I just don`t know why this keeps going about #80 being this bottle of oil. It leaves a squeaky clean surface after being used properly and wiped away. It works JUST FINE when used prior to UPP.

Agreed. Plus #80 has light new paint safe polymers for some protection of its own.

busyguy
11-25-2006, 06:06 AM
thank you guys...your knowledge is much appricitated.

O.T- scottwax- you weren`t on accordclub.com a LONG time ago were you? I remember you being the detail go to guy on that forum, if your the same one i remember.

Scottwax
11-25-2006, 01:12 PM
thank you guys...your knowledge is much appricitated.

O.T- scottwax- you weren`t on accordclub.com a LONG time ago were you? I remember you being the detail go to guy on that forum, if your the same one i remember.

I was on superhonda and hondasociety, plus spent some time in the off topic forum of h-a.net-which morphed into offtopic.com.

busyguy
11-25-2006, 02:42 PM
thats right...it was honda society.

Come to think of it, i believe you were the one who recomended me to buy the Meguires Mirror Glaze 80 and the UPP Four Star.... Still think thats a good way to go for someone who isn`t professional and doesn`t wax as often as they should?

Scottwax
11-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Both are excellent products.

Actually, if you want a couple of goof proof products, Optimum Polish followed by Optimum Poli-Seal or Clearkote`s Vanilla Moose topped with Carnauba Moose are as easy as it gets.