PDA

View Full Version : Best for overspray on plastic?

velobard
11-24-2006, 01:32 PM
I have some areas such as the wheelwells that have some overspray from the last couple of paint jobs my car has had. Some of it isn`t just misted overspray, it`s areas that weren`t masked properly. I`ve had a little success with blue Clay Magic, but that`s not gonna do the trick for the stubborn stuff. Do I need to buy more aggressive clay, or is there something else that`ll do the trick?

David Fermani
11-24-2006, 01:56 PM
I have some areas such as the wheelwells that have some overspray from the last couple of paint jobs my car has had. Some of it isn`t just misted overspray, it`s areas that weren`t masked properly. I`ve had a little success with blue Clay Magic, but that`s not gonna do the trick for the stubborn stuff. Do I need to buy more aggressive clay, or is there something else that`ll do the trick?

Is this plastic part painted. If so, try virgin un-cut thinner or wet sand it off.

velobard
11-24-2006, 02:08 PM
No, not painted. The problem areas are the wheelwells and the front lip spoiler that`s hidden back under the front bumper. I`ll give thinner a try first, thanks.