PDA

View Full Version : Viking drying towel vs waffle weave...

emaxxman
11-23-2006, 06:27 PM
I really love how plush and soft the Viking drying towel is. It`s light years softer than my Meg`s water magnet after the same number of washes (albeit, the water magnet is still relatively soft.) For those that are not familiar with the Viking, it`s not a waffle weave; it`s a very plush mf towel with a relatively long/deep nap.

Since the water magnet is somewhat small, I use it to only get the majority of the water off (I have a large minivan). I then followup with the Viking towel to completely buff dry. I like to buff dry with the Viking towel since it`s so much softer.

Question: do you find that the Viking towel tends to "stick" to paint when the car is very wet? It sort of drags like a leather chamois would.

I would like to get more Viking towels (great size at a great price) if I could figure out why it drags.

BigAl3
11-23-2006, 06:34 PM
i too since have used the gold viking mf drying towel for my drying purposes instead of waffle weaves, they`re alot softer and soak up the water pretty nicely. try blot drying with it folded in quarters, and then afterwards use a qd to remove any excess water spots, etc. in fact, the one i have and am currently using now, has lasted me over months with no signs of wear.... :bigups

p.s. it`s a personal preference, and use what suits you best...

emaxxman
11-23-2006, 06:42 PM
So I`m in NJ waiting for the turkey to finish cooking and watch them Cowboys put a beaten` on the Bucs. How come you`re online?