PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Best Paint Sealant For An BMW E 90

Pages : [1] 2

Cypwood
11-23-2006, 10:15 AM
I have a 2006 BMW E-90 - Garage kept about a 1000 miles. My baby gets a complete clean up using Meguirs Detailer Spray, when I take it out. The paint is still factory fresh.

I had a 13 year old Maxima 95` in pearl white, Used the same procedure & product . My detailer used # 6 wax that I supplied. It had 90,000 miles on it, it looked like it was made yesterday.

Is there an easy to apply paint sealant that you recommend ?

I use nothing inside on the dash. I want nothing to reflect the sun my eyes. Just a Micro Fiber duster that works great. Inside glass I use a little distilled water sprayed on to a Micro Fiber Cloth.

Fussy,

Donnie

donnie_cypwood@ yahoo.com

offcenter
11-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Donnie,

I used Klasse AIO/SG, 4 Star UPP, OCW and they all look great. The key is to prep the paint. What color is your car? Start with a wash and claybar and if the paint is in good condition, use Klasse AIO followed by SG or UPP and top it off with OCW or Duragloss AW.

RAG
11-23-2006, 10:43 AM
I`d go to the dealership and have them apply a Teflon sealant to your paint. Not.

RAG
11-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Yes, prep is 10x more important. Wax/Sealant is just icing on the cake.

Cypwood
11-23-2006, 10:59 AM
The color that changes according to the light, Artic

Due to using all Meguirs for the past 15 years plus. I am not familiar with the brand or initials posted.

Sorry,

Donnie

Bigpoppa3346
11-23-2006, 11:06 AM
Well the key is to prep. Sorry for my rant, but IMO people new to this site should seach process>product, or prep>LSP before they ask "what wax is best?". Are you doing this by hand? What color is "Artic"? Silver, white? How much work are you willing to put in? A few hours, or even a full weekend? Ask yourself these questions, and then research, and make your decisions from there. As I like to say regarding this site "One man`s deep glow is another man`s bright shine", so what looks best to everyone else may not look best to you.

Cypwood
11-23-2006, 11:24 AM
Sorry to bother you. I run a wet shaving board with 1400 memembers, so I know about the same question scenerio. In addition I am a Retired NYPD Detective that has good and bad days.

Don

wannafbody
11-23-2006, 11:36 AM
Zaino- each product is specifically designed to protect and enhance BMW paint. Each bottle is filled with the goodness that only modern chemistry can create.:drool:

slippy
11-23-2006, 12:47 PM
It comes down to personal preference;you will need to decide,through trial and error,what products meet your criteria;but `I` would recommend FK#2180,FK#1000p,Werkstatt AJ,or Blackfire Wet Diamond,as they are all easy to use,and look/protect very well.

Bigpoppa3346
11-23-2006, 12:55 PM
Sorry to bother you. I run a wet shaving board with 1400 memembers, so I know about the same question scenerio. In addition I am a Retired NYPD Detective that has good and bad days.

Don

You didn`t bother me at all, all I was saying is that you might get a better response to your questions if you were a bit more specific. If you have swirls or marring, 1Z PP is supposed to be a good hand polish, and after that(to seal/wax), I really like Collinite on silver, but I`m sure there are plenty of other excellent options.

Cypwood
11-23-2006, 02:47 PM
The cars finish is Factory. The paint is perfect. The only product that is used is Meguires Quick Detailer . ( after use ) Garage kept and covered with a satin cover that BMW sells.

Just looking for an easy way to maintain the finish. Minimum of work for my wife and I.

Could be a spray if one is made.

Thanks Don

atticdog
11-23-2006, 03:50 PM
since its new

I would

step 1 wash

step 2 spot clay where needed

Step 3 prime acrylic JEFFS Werkstatt: the finest in automotive detailing wax and sealants (http://www.jeffswerkstatt.com/prime.php)

step 4 Collinite 845 insulator wax

Collinite waxes from MacTec | car waxes, boat wax, and detailing supplies (http://mactecllc.com/collinite.asp)

this is an easy process that should give you months of protection

Cypwood
11-23-2006, 05:43 PM
I thank you all for the education.

Don

whitejavaS500
11-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Don, as a fellow E90 owner, I know you want the best for your baby. I also purchased the "satin Cover" from BMW, and with using it, I have fount that it marrs the paint. I would suggest purchasing a Porter Cable Buffer, and a set of pads. You should polish your paint prior to sealing it, if you really want the best possible look. I would suggest using a product like Optimum Polish or Jeffs Werkstatt Prime Strong. I have tried numerous combos on my car, and I am happiest with my most current one, which its Jeff`s Werkstatt Acrylic Jett Trigger and Poorboy`s Natty`s wax as the topper. Hope this helps, and feel free to PM me with any questions.

Heres my E90 330i with AJTx2 and Nattys:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/ben812/detail/pikadika.jpg (http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/ben812/detail/?action=view&current=pikadika.jpg)

firegate
11-23-2006, 08:02 PM
I use nothing inside on the dash. I want nothing to reflect the sun my eyes. Just a Micro Fiber duster that works great. Inside glass I use a little distilled water sprayed on to a Micro Fiber Cloth.

Try 1z Cockpit Premium.. leaves absolutely no shine. 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium 500 ml (http://www.pakshak.com/1z-cockpit-premium-500ml.html)