PDA

View Full Version : Pads absorbing too much, tips to help?

Marc Hufnagel
11-22-2006, 09:39 PM
I tried using Mother`s FX Synwax for the first time the other evening with a tan meg`s polishing pad. I found that I was having to add a tablespoon or two for every body panel as the wax was just not showing up on the paint. After a couple of panels I noticed the center of the pad (about palm-sized) (6.5" pad) sinking downwards towards the backing plate.

I finally finished and had a heck of a time cleaning it out of the pad. I know I used too much, but I couldn`t get it to show up on the paint.. The sunken center was very damp with the wax.

Can I get any suggestions on what I`m not doing right or how to keep the pad from sucking it downwards and towards the center? I was on a setting of 3 for the application.

thanks

sneek
11-22-2006, 10:00 PM
Maybe FX just spreads really thin. I couldn`t tell you because I have never used it before.

Try applying a circle of product close to the outside of the pad. I think that product natually makes it`s way to the center for the pad.

LouisanaJeeper
11-22-2006, 10:01 PM
apply the wax so it is over the entire pad instead of just the center

you need very little wax to "show up" on the paint when applying. just enough to barely see it

i would also consider using a finishing pad for non abrasive waxes, i think fx synwax has chemical cleaners in it, so the finishing pad should be ok

sneek
11-22-2006, 10:16 PM
agreed Meguair`s tan pad!

W9006

Marc Hufnagel
11-22-2006, 10:17 PM
I believe it is a finishing pad, it is the softest (I have a burgundy, yellow and tans). I notice that the FX is rather thin as compared to NXT.

I found a tip on here, about misting the pad with a bit of detailer before applying wax, is this commonly used these days? I will try the outside of the pad rather than the inside though.