PDA

View Full Version : So I am an idiot, and I need help!!

05corolla
11-21-2006, 09:35 PM
So I decided to detail my car today and I used one of those crappy wal-mart buffers to wax my car. I didn`t have any more clean bonnets so I just held a microfiber applicator against the foam backing plate to apply the wax. (BIG MISTAKE)

Before that I had a put a coat of Meg`s NXT Tech Wax and it looked beautiful, it was all done by hand and then I wanted to apply a coat of #26 Yellow Hi-Tech Wax to top it off. That is when I used the buffer. Now I have light swirl marks EVERYWHERE!!! It obviously was the buffer/applicator combo because before that I didn`t have hardly any and now they are everywhere!

So, being that I don`t have access to a PC, what is the best product to make it look better by hand. I know I probably can`t get it perfect without a machine polisher but I just need to do something, its eating me alive!! I though about getting some Meg`s #7 New Car Glaze or their #9 Swirl Remover, both of which claim they can be used by hand.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Envious Eric
11-21-2006, 11:00 PM
where are you located...maybe it would be better to have someone polish it out for you and then you can maintain it from there....