PDA

View Full Version : CD - MP3 Software

topnotchtouch
11-21-2006, 09:41 AM
I was hoping someone out there might be able to help me out with recommendations for software that I can use to take some of my kid`s CDs and create MP3s to download into MP3 players. We purchased MP3 players for both of them for Xmas.

The software needs to be compatible with Linux, Windows 2000 or Windows XP.

BobD
11-21-2006, 09:53 AM
I think Itunes will do it.

topnotchtouch
11-21-2006, 10:36 AM
Well that was quick, thanks :D

I just tried it and it works great, just had to go into the preferences and change the encoding for importing to Mp3.

BobD
11-21-2006, 10:40 AM
Well that was quick, thanks :D

I just tried it and it works great, just had to go into the preferences and change the encoding for importing to Mp3.

No problem!

I wasn`t 100% sure but I was pretty sure. LOL

topnotchtouch
11-21-2006, 10:49 AM
I just noticed that Windows Media Player will do it as well. The only problem I have is that here at work the security settings will not allow it to download the album information, won`t be a problem at home though.

Just want to thank you again, I was expecting to have to buy software for this. I didn`t realize it was built in to most of the players these days...

06E90
11-21-2006, 01:28 PM
That`s so funny. I was about to post the same question for the same reason about two days ago and then reallized that Win MP does it. I`m still trying to choose an MP3 player for him though.

paul34
11-21-2006, 01:39 PM
Exact Audio Copy - a great program for making quality, error-free rips of your CDs. You can also then go ahead and use any encoder you want to convert it into any format you want.

It`s pretty easy to use, but if you`re looking for an all in one sort of solution, then I suppose itunes may do it for you. I don`t really like using WiMP for many things (that`s my opinion, though). :)

Ben Kenobi
11-23-2006, 01:39 AM
Check out the dBpowerAMP family. They have a great ripper, burner, player and a portable audio software program that will work with a variety of portable devices. It`s completely free and is very easy to use. dBpowerAMP (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/)

BlackElantraGT
11-23-2006, 02:17 AM
I`m not an Apple fan, but when it comes to mp3 players and the software to go with it, they got it right (not perfect) with the iPod and iTunes. The integration between the two is IMO the best out there, and the best part about it is that iTunes is free.

At work where I wasn`t able to install software since I had no admin priviledges, I had to resort to using Windows Media Player 9/10 to rip the discs. While it was easy enough to use, it just doesn`t compare to iTunes, especially the new iTunes 7 which automatically downloads the album artwork for you.

Anyone who`s ever tried to organize their large music collection knows how much easier it is to use iTunes vs WMP.