PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss 951 Aquawax removed my paint!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

gofastman
11-20-2006, 05:07 PM
And replaced it with a deep pool of liquid :xyxthumbs

I decided on the AW after posting this thread.

Washed with ONR and dryed.

sprayed AW on paint a spread with a mf, I immediately noticed how super slick the paint was.

did a final buff with a fresh mf.

I found dribbling AW out of the sprayer provided less wasted product on small pannels.

it smells like coconut, fairly plesant.

the sprayer isn`t the best, but its not bad. EDIT: I changed my mind after a few uses, now I really like the sprayer!

aplication couldnt be more simple - spray, spread, buff lightly

AW leaves the paint super slick and glossy.

GREAT PRODUCT and highly recomended, overall i give it :2thumbs:

paul34
11-20-2006, 05:12 PM
Really? I found it smells like Elmer`s Glue... ehh

I also found that applying it wasn`t super smooth either - sort of "streaky" feeling, like dragging a piece of rubber across a smooth surface like glass. Not quite that bad, but it didn`t go on super super smooth. Looks good, though, but I only put on one coat, and it was my first time with it. I`m hoping to put on 2-3 more coats next time.... then we`ll see!

Tried a coat on my dad`s neglected Sienna just for the heck of it after washing it one day (hasn`t seen anything in 5 years!), and I went out the other day... for the first time my car reflected HIS to a nice improvement in clarity! good stuff:up

gofastman
11-20-2006, 05:16 PM
mayby it has something to do with the polymers in the ONR wash :nixweiss

twitch
11-20-2006, 05:20 PM
It`s great that a product that’s so easy to use yields the result it does. I am glad that you found it.

As far as smelling like coconut... hmm either you have rotten coconuts or I have a bad batch of AW. :grinno:

I also found that applying it wasn`t super smooth either - sort of "streaky" feeling, like dragging a piece of rubber across a smooth surface like glass. Not quite that bad, but it didn`t go on super super smooth. Looks good, though, but I only put on one coat, and it was my first time with it. I`m hoping to put on 2-3 more coats next time.... then we`ll see!

How did you apply it? I found this to happen when the surface wasn`t prepped well.

AL-53
11-20-2006, 05:25 PM
carnoobie..you may have got a bad sprayer..I found thier sprayers to very good...it has 2 settings,,fine mist and course mist...lol...I save mine as they give the best fine mist of the sprayers I have.

But the AW sure does leave a wet slick surface....and I find it goes on very smooth...use to much and it will drag...I use 1 spray per panel...2 for the hood..once your towel used to wipe it in gets wet it goes easier...I use one to wipe it in..one to wipe it off...a little goes a long ways....

Use it monthly or every 6 week and it will work great.....I have used it twice sine July and it is holding it own...stuff lasts....to me using it to much is a waste....as it does last...wash with 901 shampoo and that will pick the slickness and gloss up...

PS...mine smell like pina colada`s..coconuts

Al

bjackson8
11-20-2006, 05:26 PM
AW is one of the best products that I have ever tried. So easy to use, and the results are great. Less than 10 minutes for the whole car.

Tried it on top of EX-P on my graphite Accord this weekend. Definately one of the best looks I have found for this color.

gofastman
11-20-2006, 05:36 PM
carnoobie..you may have got a bad sprayer..I found thier sprayers to very good...it has 2 settings,,fine mist and course mist...lol...I save mine as they give the best fine mist of the sprayers I have.

But the AW sure does leave a wet slick surface....and I find it goes on very smooth...use to much and it will drag...I use 1 spray per panel...2 for the hood..once your towel used to wipe it in gets wet it goes easier...I use one to wipe it in..one to wipe it off...a little goes a long ways....

Use it monthly or every 6 week and it will work great.....I have used it twice sine July and it is holding it own...stuff lasts....to me using it to much is a waste....as it does last...wash with 901 shampoo and that will pick the slickness and gloss up...

Al

well the only thing I find wrong with the sprayer is I think it delivers to much product (I did see the 2 settings) , however keep in mind this is my first time using this stuff.

I think I`ll have to go take another whiff of this stuff, but coconut was the first thing that came to mind.

I want to try 901 on a surface with AW, I like both products very much, and can only imagin they will complement each other nicely. I am, however, liking ONR sooo much right now, and its cold out so I cant use 901

I really want to do a heads up test with AW and OCW, any one know if I can purchase one of thoghs 4oz sizes of OCW seperat from there "kit"?

Setec Astronomy
11-20-2006, 05:49 PM
I find that AW, like Z8, is more difficult to use the more you apply. As AL-53 said, you only need a little, and as others have said about Z8 and other products, less is more...it really is easier the less you use.

mikebai1990
11-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Glad to hear you like it :) I tried looking for it OTC at NAPA and could not find it. Where is Aquawax sold OTC and online? I`m really desperate to get some and try it out!

Glossmaster
11-20-2006, 06:09 PM
I just ordered some from AutoGeek.

AL-53
11-20-2006, 06:10 PM
to find it OTC try Carquest..if not in stock see if they can order it..also here is a store locater

Duragloss Car Care Products: Where To Find Duragloss Products (http://www.duragloss.com/duragloss-stores.asp)

you can get right from Duragloss...buy any amount of product and shipping is only 4.95

AL

gofastman
11-20-2006, 06:39 PM
I got mine at CarQuest for around $9

paul34
11-20-2006, 07:25 PM
How did you apply it? I found this to happen when the surface wasn`t prepped well.

Hmm... that may have been the problem. Basically what I had on there were two coats of about 3 week old DP Spray sealant, and a layer of Natty`s Blue from two weeks before. My paint wasn`t really dirty (didn`t need clay or anything), and doesn`t have any oxidation or such (the car still is only at less than 1800 miles and spends most of its time in garages, and has always been protected with either NB or the sealant).

who knows? :think:

Oh, and Mikebai, I got my AW from Autogeek as well.

Spilchy
11-20-2006, 07:41 PM
I absolutely love this stuff. I`ve been using it for months.

Nothing leaves my car slicker. But more importantly, the gloss and glow is outstanding. I used it on a white Acura and it came out awesome.

I use a spritz ot two per panel ON A DRY SURFACE. Buff in, flip towel, buff until gone. Easy as pie; no mess, no streaks, no issues.

twitch
11-20-2006, 09:40 PM
Oh, I don`t think anyone on this thread mentioned it yet but you can use this stuff on any surface of the vehicle without an issue. It works just as good on the exterior glass including the windshield. It will wear kind of quickly if you use your wipers often in the rain but hey it`s so easy to apply it`s not that big of a deal. I also put it on plastics, headlights, and tailights.