PDA

View Full Version : Well Cleaning Quick Detailer ya`ll recommend?

Whitethunder46
11-19-2006, 09:25 PM
I asked in another thread about Duragloss Spray Wax and I guess it`s more of a wax and doesn`t have much cleaning power.

So what`s a good cleaning quick detailer that can remove fingerprints, dust, etc. etc.?

Is there one that you guys recommend that is both a spray wax and has cleaning properties?

benvegas
11-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Hopefully not. A spray wax should be applied to a clean surface not one that is even lightly dusted. As for quick detailers good at cleaning dust and fingerprints, pretty much all of them on the market will do just about the same job.

Whitethunder46
11-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Hopefully not. A spray wax should be applied to a clean surface not one that is even lightly dusted.

Correct, so my question is what`s a good spray detailer to remove fingerprints, dust, etc. etc.

Megs Last touch detailer good for bulk detailing?

benvegas
11-19-2006, 09:47 PM
For QD, everyone has a preference or a favorite they use, but reality-wise most are pretty much all the same. If I was just a consumer rather than in the business, I`d buy the best products I liked to use and then buy that brands QD just to save on shipping.

paul34
11-19-2006, 10:44 PM
If you just want something for light cleaning like that, then I think you`ll be hard-pressed to find a better value than buying a gallon of ONR, and then diluting it to QD strength (6 oz to 1 gal of water). I have a half gallon with 3 oz sitting in my closet, looking forward to trying to out after my next wash :)

Juztang
11-19-2006, 10:52 PM
+1 on the ONR. You get so much for your money.

SVR
11-19-2006, 11:49 PM
Prima slick is way better than any other QD IMO

Not sure what protective qualities it has but the mild cleaners work wonders and perfect for use while the car is wet.

So many claimed to restore slickness but failed to impress me

Duragloss aqua should be a good polymer spray wax. I`ve got a gallon coming

imported_agentf1
11-20-2006, 10:36 AM
I would think something like PoorBoys Spray and Wipe or one of the waterless wash products would work best for you.

quantim0
11-20-2006, 02:54 PM
What is ONR?? I looked on the abbreviation list and didn`t find it.

quantim0
11-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Is it Optimun No Rinse Wash and Shine??

paul34
11-20-2006, 03:14 PM
What is ONR?? I looked on the abbreviation list and didn`t find it.

I posted in this thread, and its in my signature ;)

Rfulmer
11-20-2006, 07:41 PM
A lot of people here have said that if the car is a little dusty that Adam`s Detail Spray is good to use.

Detail Spray - Adams Premium Car Care Products (http://adamspolishes.com/site/department.cfm?id=1399AFFF-B3B2-4A39-A26A201A6FC206D2&killnav=1)

And if you order from here you can get most of the Adam`s Line for 20% off until the end of the month. I got a gallon for $27.00. Just email the poster. He shipped mine the same day I ordered it.

Audizine Forums - November Special 20% off everything in my stock (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=104166)

RCBuddha
11-20-2006, 08:44 PM
For QD, everyone has a preference or a favorite they use, but reality-wise most are pretty much all the same.

+1 For me, there are subtle differences between brands, but in the end, they all do the same job. I would say that it is best to test a few, some would streak on some paints, and not others. I have YET to find one that works well on all paints at all temperatures.

Whitethunder46
11-20-2006, 09:06 PM
I agree with most that a QD doesn`t really matter too much. So, a multi-purpose product is an added bonus since I`m looking for bulk detailing.

ONR may be my answer.

For those of you who use it, do you dilute 1:6 as directed by ONR for a QD?