PDA

View Full Version : P21S Total Auto Wash

TeutonicCarFan
11-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Hey All I am wondering what your thoughts are on this product and what uses you have for it. If I were to spray the bottom of my car and back end with this and then quickly spray it off to get rid of grime, etc. would that remove wax, would I have to dilute? What I am talking about with regards to grime, etc. would be the BS that accumulates on your car during winter, here in Buffalo they use a lot of salt and such.

Thanks,

Kevin

TeutonicCarFan
11-19-2006, 08:51 PM
Also...I see at some retailer site they say to use this for carpet cleaning, obviously diluted, do you think this is a good product for that or perhaps DP carpet/upholstery

CalgaryDetail
11-19-2006, 08:59 PM
I use auto wash for engines, wheels (when not bad) and for a pre soak of either really bad cars or when im doing a full detail.

It will strip wax but depending on what your doing after the wash it may not be a big issue.

I have a 5 litre hand pump chemical spray. I fput 1 litre of wash in it thene full with water. I just pump and spray. It work really well for gettig the little nooks and cranys in the engine compartment

tom p.
11-19-2006, 09:23 PM
Excellent product, strips wax of course. i`ve found many uses for it. I wish it wasn`t quite so $$$.

TeutonicCarFan
11-19-2006, 09:34 PM
Excellent product, strips wax of course. i`ve found many uses for it. I wish it wasn`t quite so $$$.

Have you used it on carpter/floor mats and how did that work? Because I may get DP carpet/upholstery but if the P21S works well, dilute I would assume, then I can just use that.

tom p.
11-20-2006, 08:19 AM
Since the P21S product is expensive, I reserve it for a very few specific tasks. I have many other products that can be used on carpet and I don`t think i`ve ever tried the P21S on carpet. It may be quite effective on greasy, ground-in spots.

Accumulator
11-20-2006, 02:33 PM
What Tom P. and calgarydetail said :xyxthumbs

I`ve used it as an APC and it`s OK for that, especially for jobs involving grease. But...

While it`ll work OK as an APC, I`d reserve it for jobs where it`s grease-cutting abilities make it the *perfect* choice rather than using it for jobs where it`ll merely be an (expensive) OK choice.

For areas of the (regular body of the) car that get winter-nasty, I`d just presoak with regular shampoo using a foamgun and then use the foamgun in conjunction with a BHB to gently dislodge and flush away the potentially abrasive [stuff] that gets caked on during that time of year.

For upholsery, I`d use an upholstery/interior cleaner. Something that`ll require a bit less rinsing than the TAW (greasy messes excepted).