PDA

View Full Version : ONR cleaning power

96GreenPSD
11-19-2006, 07:02 PM
I`ve been using ONR lately to clean my car and i noticed that it doesn`t have much cleaning power. I pre-soak the car with QD strength ONR and use a MF and 1 ounce of ONR (or more) in one gallon of water to wash the dirt away, and then I go over the already washed section again with ONR, applying more pressure to get some of the imbedded dirt/staining off. Even after I go over the paint the second time I still notice the dirt/staining and the car looks slightly dirty(it is white/cream colored). I thought that maybe the dirt/staining was caused by a 250mi. road trip the car was just taken on, as this trip usually gets the car pretty dirty, but on one side of the car I used Meguiars Gold Class to wash it and that side came out perfectly clean. Does anyone else have a problem with ONR`s cleaning ability, and if so what do you use to completely clean the car after ONR; a QD or something? Thanks in advance.

Juztang
11-19-2006, 07:06 PM
I don`t ever have a problem with ONR cleaning ability. I never really have to go over it with a quick detailer. I pretreat the bad areas with a sprayer that has more than quick detailer strength. Then once I go over it with the wash mitt or micro the dirt comes off pretty easy.

White95Max
11-19-2006, 07:12 PM
What kind of protection is on the car? It sounds like it needs a new coat of LSP if the dirt is really clinging to the paint.

Eliot Ness
11-19-2006, 07:12 PM
The way it is designed to work is the ONR lubricates and encapsulates the dirt so it can be removed with your drying MF. That`s why it is important to switch to a clean side of the MF, and then a clean MF when needed (all sides are dirty).

Below is a good thread with pictures on using QEW (same principle as ONR) that might help you out:

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/67760-requested-qew-writeup-using-mfs-instead-mitts.html

If you have embedded dirt then, as Paul mentioned, your LSP might need refreshing. I wouldn`t wipe very hard to remove the embedded stuff or you`ll marr your finish. Sounds like you might need to do a good wash, clay, and LSP.

96GreenPSD
11-19-2006, 07:15 PM
I had one coat of Collinite 845 on it, which was applied 3 weeks prior to this wash(and the car had been washed twice with ONR since then). Also, just to clear this up, the problem wasn`t that I was getting left over dirt particles on that paint after washing. The problem was that ONR didn`t seem to have enough cleaning power, as i even scrubbed (yeah, I know its not good to do) one area and the dirt/staining didnt come off, but I just gently washed one side with Meguiars Gold Class and all the dirt came off.

TeutonicCarFan
11-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Is this the same as Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe Waterless Wash?

Juztang
11-19-2006, 07:27 PM
No, I would only use S&W on vehicles that aren`t very dirty. The ONR has more cleaning ability and a lot more lubrication. You can actually use ONR in place of a conventional wash.

imported_Bence
11-19-2006, 07:54 PM
When I tried ONR by misting the surface with a double strength solution, I noticed dirt on my drying towel. Shook my head in disbelief and switched to a normal bucket/regular solution. Definitely, ONR needs that plus water the mitt carries, because this time the drying towel was absolutely clean.

Presoaking is still good, but the product needs more than a misted surface and a misted mitt. Simply, it needs to be wet. Obviously, when the dirt is oily, clingy, then you have to make the solution stronger.

96GreenPSD
11-19-2006, 08:08 PM
Bence, Just to clear this up, I was misting the panel with QD stregth ONR(6 oz to one gallon) to pre-soak the whole car and then using a bucket full of ONR/water mixture(1 oz to one gallon) to wash.

imported_Bence
11-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Yes, I read your post. I just told my experience, because I thought that a simple misting would be sufficient. Well, a bucket method is the way to go.

Other than that, I am completely satisfied with the cleaning power of ONR.