PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone use ONR?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

BMW335i
11-19-2006, 04:43 PM
A waterless wash seems harsh...Does you car have to be clean in the first place and the ONR is like a detail spray? Or do people use it in their garage if its too cold out? I dont get it someone explain please, lol.

I would think a regular wash would be safer, and more effective. What makes ONR so special?

thesacrifice
11-19-2006, 04:48 PM
What`s scary about ONR? All you`re really doing is taking away the rinse cycle of a normal wash? It`s far better than a Quick Detailer. It "encapsulates" dirt and really lubricates as you pull your washmitt across the panel.

To be honest, I dont know if I`m going back to the Foam Gun once spring rolls around, that`s how much I like ONR.

Juztang
11-19-2006, 04:55 PM
I don`t hardly ever use a normal wash anymore. I use the ONR almost all the time now. On vehicles that are really dirty I have ONR mixed in a spray bottle to pretreat the bad areas,fenderwells and wheels.

To answer you question, no your vehicles do not have to be clean to use the ONR. I use one bucket with 2 gallons of water and 2 capfuls of solution and another bucket for rinse water. Just make sure when the microfiber or mitt you are using gets dirty to switch to another. I`ve used the ONR on probably 50 cars now and have not had any problems. I love this stuff!

BlueLibby04
11-19-2006, 04:55 PM
I couldnt imagine using it on a vehicle that gets dirty. Maybe just a DD that sees on-road driving? No way I could use it though..

PhaRO
11-19-2006, 04:57 PM
One of the reasons I haven`t switch to just using the rinseless washes like ONR at work is perception. I too have a hard time with believing it`s not going to scratch but have yet to see anything go wrong and have used around 4-5 gallons. It`s helpful for me to conserve water on days when I won`t be able to easily refill my tank. Without it I`d have to go home and refill so it`s a big time saver there. In winter I can wash a few cars that I normally couldn`t clean the traditional way as the water would start to freeze before I could get it dry.

On most vehicles that have normal dirt I think ONR or similar products are as safe as a regular wash.

justin30513
11-19-2006, 05:06 PM
I don`t hardly ever use a normal wash anymore. I use the ONR almost all the time now. On vehicles that are really dirty I have ONR mixed in a spray bottle to pretreat the bad areas,fenderwells and wheels.

To answer you question, no your vehicles do not have to be clean to use the ONR. I use one bucket with 2 gallons of water and 2 capfuls of solution and another bucket for rinse water. Just make sure when the microfiber or mitt you are using gets dirty to switch to another. I`ve used the ONR on probably 50 cars now and have not had any problems. I love this stuff!

I get alot of vehicles here that have mud all over the lower panels and wheel wells. We have tons of gravel roads and new home construction.

How dirty is to dirty for ONR? Got any pics of your process? And how many MF`s do you go through say on a large SUV?

BlackElantraGT
11-19-2006, 05:14 PM
Sometimes I don`t think anything can beat the power of water pressure, even from a regular hose, let alone a pressure washer. There are plenty of crevices on a car that dirt and debris like to build up so I can`t see a rinseless wash ever replacing that.

I guess if my car was always kept fairly clean, the weather was too cold outside, or I had water restrictions in place I could see myself using this, but in my circumstance, I have no reason to switch to ONR yet.

Juztang
11-19-2006, 05:16 PM
Justin-If they have mud all over the bottom panels I would probably spray that off with a pressure washer first. That would be a little to much for the ONR. Sorry I don`t have any pics of the process.

On an SUV, I usually go through at least 4 or 5 microfibers to wash if I go that route. I also use sheepskin and chenille mitts. I would go through 2 of them.

I use one microfiber for washing. Then I use another micro to go over the panel and another one to do the final wipe. Once the first microfiber gets too wet for drying I then use that one for my new wash rag and keep doing that.

Here in Illinois it gets pretty cold and the ONR helps out a lot. I like to use warm water in the buckets and I use a mitten type glove with a rubber glove over it to keep my hands warm.

Have you used the ONR yet Justin?

Pennypacker
11-19-2006, 05:54 PM
I think ONR is lubricious enough to be effective and safe at removing dirt on at least a moderately dirty car. If it`s really filthy (like after a road trip), I would use a regular wash, but I know some would use ONR even then.

If you use two buckets, plenty of mitts, and proper technique, ONR works like a charm. And of course, even with regular soap, without the above, you`ll mar your car up like crazy.

I still like to use regular soap as well, but ONR will always have a place on my shelf.

justin30513
11-19-2006, 06:03 PM
Have you used the ONR yet Justin?

No I havent. Just fear I guess. I need to. I see so many other pro detailers like you doing. Just not DIYers. What did you do first....pressure washer then convert to ONR?

Juztang
11-19-2006, 06:07 PM
I don`t use the pressure washer too much. Before the ONR I just used a hose and normal wash. I`m going to be going mobil next year so I will be using the pressure washer a lot.

Scottwax
11-19-2006, 06:15 PM
I much prefer using ONR to conventionally washing a car. I can clean some seriously dirty cars with it too, using the single bucket method. I also don`t have to worry about drying streaks during warm weather because you dry each panel immediately. Since starting my detailing business, I have cleaned over 11,000 cars since starting my detailing business and 95% of them have been with either QEW (the original rinseless wash) and ONR. My customers (except one who has a de-ionized/reverse osmosis set-up at his office he wants me to use) love the fact I don`t get their driveway or parking lot wet, no other cars get wet on windy days since there is no rinsing step. In fact, I have several customers who have had me purchase some ONR for their use or ordered it online.

BMWWW
11-19-2006, 06:29 PM
A hypothetical situation if you will:

Would ONR be the best choice to prevent swirls on `swirl-less` paint while utilizing a powerwasher for grunge, and hose to rinse?

Say I were to utilize the `conventional` system of washing with hose, but in place of a normal car wash, I used ONR; would it be safe to say I`d have no wash-induced marring? (Due to the enhanced lubricants.. blah blah blah ect?)

justin30513
11-19-2006, 07:25 PM
I much prefer using ONR to conventionally washing a car. I can clean some seriously dirty cars with it too, using the single bucket method. I also don`t have to worry about drying streaks during warm weather because you dry each panel immediately. Since starting my detailing business, I have cleaned over 11,000 cars since starting my detailing business and 95% of them have been with either QEW (the original rinseless wash) and ONR. My customers (except one who has a de-ionized/reverse osmosis set-up at his office he wants me to use) love the fact I don`t get their driveway or parking lot wet, no other cars get wet on windy days since there is no rinsing step. In fact, I have several customers who have had me purchase some ONR for their use or ordered it online.

Damn it Scott. I`ve talked and talked about it. I just need to do it!

Juztang
11-19-2006, 07:31 PM
Yes Justin-Go for it!