PDA

View Full Version : Wii

Pages : [1] 2

ZeusCGP
11-19-2006, 01:33 PM
Picked mine up this morning (preorder). My brother drove by Curcuit City at 3am and said the line was 3 times longer than for the release of PS3.

Wii Sports is pretty fun. Can`t wait to get a couple friends over to play. Plus it`s really good at teaching you how to use the remote.

Just took a break from playing Zelda. Nintendo not releasing component till next week (comes with composite) is kind of a drawback. I would have also loved a real orchestra, not midis. But the game already feels like a classic. I better get back to it :)

http://www.nymcgp.com/chris/061119_wii.jpg

drewski59
11-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Cool.....I`m going to wait until the PS3 price drops(after a year or so) before I snag one.

I want a Wii also, but probably after the PS3, the PS3 graphics make me drool! ;)

SpoiledMan
11-19-2006, 05:15 PM
I got a 60G PS3!:D:D

Joshua312
11-19-2006, 05:52 PM
I got a 60G PS3!:D:D

How much did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking?

SpoiledMan
11-19-2006, 05:56 PM
I got it from my *favorite* place to shop so I only paid $699 and that included a game and extra wireless controller. I don`t feel bad about it and initially wanted to sell it. It`s not even here yet and I want to keep it. There are a couple games that really have my interest.

martinager
11-19-2006, 06:24 PM
XBOX 360 is fine with me. Madden 07 on our 47" wide LCD is like sex on a screen. TO me its not worth paying 300$ more for a statistic.

I want a WII tho! I want to use the gyroscope controller on starwars! >:- D

SpoiledMan
11-19-2006, 09:18 PM
Yeah, but I`m the kind of guy that would pay $500 more just to not have a M$ logo on the machine. ;)

drewski59
11-19-2006, 11:31 PM
Yeah, but I`m the kind of guy that would pay $500 more just to not have a M$ logo on the machine. ;)

Haha, so true!:D

I`ll take my computers Apple and consoles Sony please...

PhaRO
11-20-2006, 02:07 AM
We picked our WII up at an EB game store at midnight (preorder), there were maybe 20 people at the location we used. Driving by Best Buy and Walmart there were people in tents and lines much longer. So far the system has been a blast. Good to see the kids get up off their butts and move around. I`ve enjoyed it as well :)

BlackElantraGT
11-20-2006, 03:02 AM
I got it from my *favorite* place to shop so I only paid $699 and that included a game and extra wireless controller. I don`t feel bad about it and initially wanted to sell it. It`s not even here yet and I want to keep it. There are a couple games that really have my interest.

How the heck did you get through on the Costco.com website?? I tried for hours and couldn`t even get one to add to my cart.

SpoiledMan
11-20-2006, 03:07 AM
At one point I had TWO(one in each cart on separate browsers) but couldn`t get logged in on the second one. I was securing it for a friend that wanted it for his son but had to leave to take him to school. It was grueling and I didn`t even want to use my computer after it was all over. I checked for the confirmation email and turned it off. I started at about 740AM and didn`t get checked out until 1235PM. I was monitoring a site that was giving tips on how to get checked out and the suggestions worked.

BlackElantraGT
11-20-2006, 03:21 AM
I started around the same time as you. I even decided to input my credit card info into their system before hand the night before to save time. I should have started earlier, but I woke up and started at about the same time as you around 7:40 am our time.

I couldn`t even log in to my account. So after failing at login, I figured my best chances were to just try and get it to add to my cart, but that never happened for me either. I gave up about the same time you checked out. Oh well, just my luck I guess.

SpoiledMan
11-20-2006, 03:54 AM
Just minutes after me checking out there were many that had them in their carts and had them removed upon checking out. Some even checked out and got emails saying that they were sold out and their orders cancelled.

AkronSi
11-22-2006, 09:32 PM
Lucky dog. I`m really drooling over the Wii. I`ll be the first to admit that I`m partial to Nintendo over Sony of MS (though I want a 360). I`ll probably wait awhile before getting one. I have a pile of Gamcube games that I need to finish and just got a DS Lite that I`m addicted to.

Glad to hear you like it. By the way, the component cables are supposed to be out, but from what I`ve read they are selling out like mad.

digg - Nintendo runs out of Wii Component Video Cables (Obligatory "!!!") (http://digg.com/gaming_news/Nintendo_runs_out_of_Wii_Component_Video_Cables_Ob ligatory)

Tasty
11-22-2006, 10:48 PM
I haven`t personally owned a video game system since N64 came out. I don`t have the time to waste away in front of the TV, and if I had a PS3 I would do exactly that. I think I would rather have XBOX360 because Gears of War looks absolutely amazing to me. Although the new Call of Duty game on PS3 has amazing graphics...