PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna IP and FP

00GREENMACHINE
04-13-2005, 08:25 PM
I have heard great things about these products. I have a pc and some new pads thanks to TOTL. My car does not need claying its pretty good shape. Do I really need to wash my car with dawn to clean the layers of paint off or can I just wash dry and go to IP? I am hoping to get better results with this than the ssr 2.5 I have. Recommend me a start to finish. Do I need to use the orange pad or white. I have some swirls in the paint. I have a vw passat so people are telling me the clear is harder and tougher than the american cars. Whats speeds do I need to use? Thanks.!

GregCavi
04-13-2005, 08:28 PM
I have heard great things about these products. I have a pc and some new pads thanks to TOTL. My car does not need claying its pretty good shape. Do I really need to wash my car with dawn to clean the layers of paint off or can I just wash dry and go to IP? I am hoping to get better results with this than the ssr 2.5 I have. Recommend me a start to finish. Do I need to use the orange pad or white. I have some swirls in the paint. I have a vw passat so people are telling me the clear is harder and tougher than the american cars. Whats speeds do I need to use? Thanks.!

Ive never used menzerna so I will leave those questions to answer for someone else.

I woudl reccomend claying anyway even if you think your paint is in good condition. It never hurts to clay and it doesnt take that long. You can wash with a shampoo and then clay and you sholdnt need to use dawn to get rid of "layers" the clay should take care of that and if it doesnt the polish will.

Greg

00GREENMACHINE
04-13-2005, 08:41 PM
i have some clay but its over a year old. Its been in a ziplock bag with lube.

GregCavi
04-13-2005, 08:46 PM
i have some clay but its over a year old. Its been in a ziplock bag with lube.

It should still be good as long as you havnt dropped it and it has no grit to it.

Greg

CreativeDesignz
04-13-2005, 09:13 PM
To my knowledge...i thought german cars had a softer clear coat than american cars. It flexes more and is easier to scratch than an american car. But it wont chip as easily dude to its flexing properties

mr2man
04-13-2005, 09:56 PM
GreenMachine.....Id use these steps, but this is just me.
Wash) not with Dawn! any non gritty car wash soap should do
Clay) cant hurt.only help
Wash) again
IP) with white polishing pad if the paint isnt too bad. Orange if the white doesnt yeild the results youre looking for
FP2) with white pad............................................... ..
if you have the Final touch glaze, apply at low speed with Black finishing pad. Then if you have the FMJ wax I would apply it by hand. Then top it off with a good paste wax(souverin,Nattys,trade secret,maybe even NXT perhaps)
If you dont have the last 2 Menzerna products maybe use the FP2 with a finishing pad instead and then follow with your favorite paste. Just my opinion though. Im learning this NEW stuff too. Im from the old school of detailing when the old Meguiars 1,2,3,9,16 line up was king and the makita and wool pads reigned supreme. :bow

00GREENMACHINE
04-13-2005, 10:27 PM
GreenMachine.....Id use these steps, but this is just me.
Wash) not with Dawn! any non gritty car wash soap should do
Clay) cant hurt.only help
Wash) again
IP) with white polishing pad if the paint isnt too bad. Orange if the white doesnt yeild the results youre looking for
FP2) with white pad............................................... ..
if you have the Final touch glaze, apply at low speed with Black finishing pad. Then if you have the FMJ wax I would apply it by hand. Then top it off with a good paste wax(souverin,Nattys,trade secret,maybe even NXT perhaps)
If you dont have the last 2 Menzerna products maybe use the FP2 with a finishing pad instead and then follow with your favorite paste. Just my opinion though. Im learning this NEW stuff too. Im from the old school of detailing when the old Meguiars 1,2,3,9,16 line up was king and the makita and wool pads reigned supreme. :bow

I have nxt soap I will use. I also have some toppers like ex-p, s100, and nxt and ppp. Whould you suggest one of these after the FP2? Thanks

jayincali
04-14-2005, 03:49 AM
Sorry for my ignorance, but where can I find trade Secret topper?

The Chee
04-14-2005, 05:52 AM
Sorry for my ignorance, but where can I find trade Secret topper?
you can get it from topoftheline or pakshak :)

holland_patrick
04-14-2005, 06:50 AM
I have nxt soap I will use. I also have some toppers like ex-p, s100, and nxt and ppp. Whould you suggest one of these after the FP2? Thanks
After fpII i would use the ex-p and s100 or if you want depth go with the Nxt with s100 :shift

G35stilez
04-14-2005, 06:59 AM
-Clay
-IP with Cutting
-FP with Polishing
-LSP by hand/finishing

klnyc
04-14-2005, 03:24 PM
How abrasive is PowerGloss?