PDA

View Full Version : Questions for 1Z Glanz wax users.

imported_NHBFAN
11-18-2006, 09:58 AM
I`m considering Glanz wax because I read it was a nice topper on gold. It sounds like the high solvent content wouldn`t make it a good choice to top a sealant ... is that correct?

Also, what do you use for prep before Glanz wax? My truck is an 06 in excellent condition and I already own several polishes, e.g. AIO, PwC, #80, FP** , etc ...

Should I consider 1zMP?

imported_jgv
11-18-2006, 10:01 AM
Prep with Menzerna would be great! You should apply the wax thru a sprayer bottle in the mf applicator and spread in a small section before wipe it off. This way almost no solvent will get in touch with the surface :)

imported_Bence
11-18-2006, 12:23 PM
Good method, eh? :D

If the spray is fine enough, then you can apply it like a QD. The droplets let the solvent evaporate quicker when they are atomized better, finer.

imported_jgv
11-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Good method, eh? :D

If the spray is fine enough, then you can apply it like a QD. The droplets let the solvent evaporate quicker when they are atomized better, finer.

It`s recomended by Einszett itself ;)

OT: Did you had the chance to visit the Automokanica in Frankfurt this year? :wavey

imported_NHBFAN
11-18-2006, 12:51 PM
Wonder if mixing Glanz with 1z`s QD (lackfinsih?) would make a good spray wax?

imported_jgv
11-18-2006, 01:07 PM
I think it would be like trying to mix oil and water :)

Glossmaster
11-18-2006, 04:11 PM
I suggest using 1Z Glanz as a base & not as a topper. The chemical resistant spray bottle method is deffinately the way to go!

Glossmaster
11-18-2006, 04:13 PM
Now that I think of it, 1Z Glanz reminds me of a product I used to use in the mid 80`s called "Fast -n- Easy". It came in a blue & silver can type of bottle. I swear it`s the same stuff. Anyone know of that product??