PDA

View Full Version : New car Waxing.

^&04types
11-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Guys im ready to give my new 06 tsx silver a nice detail job. There is abs. no scratches whatsoever... IM assumin i should skip the polishing and go strait to the glaze n wax correct if im wrong????

my plan of attack is:

CVM , then poor boys EX carnuba.

give me your thoughts guys on a SILVER CAR.

^&04types
11-17-2006, 05:20 PM
yes I HAVE clayed it.

firegate
11-17-2006, 05:22 PM
It`s probably a good idea to clay the car before doing anything else - new cars generally come from the lot with a lot of bonded contaminants. After that, your process looks good. You might want to try EX-P instead of EX unless you`ve already bought the sealant - it looks nicer on lighter colors IMO.

^&04types
11-17-2006, 05:23 PM
clayed already today.

firegate
11-17-2006, 05:24 PM
yes I HAVE clayed it.

;) quick post there

If you haven`t bought products yet, you might want to look at some other product combos as well. Prime + Acrylic Jett and AIO + UPP both look awesome on silver.

^&04types
11-17-2006, 05:25 PM
i have aio already, but its a cleaner no? do i still need to apply a cleaner?

jamesuh
11-17-2006, 07:04 PM
no, aio is a cleaner

firegate
11-17-2006, 10:41 PM
i have aio already, but its a cleaner no? do i still need to apply a cleaner?

Yes, it`s a cleaner but it also leaves some protection which serves as a great base for most sealants. Particularly since you won`t be polishing the paint, I would use AIO or a similar cleaner to ensure proper bonding. The case for using AIO over VM would be that most sealants (like UPP and AJ) don`t like to bond on top of glazes - EX and EXP do bond well on top of VM, though.

Accumulator
11-18-2006, 01:42 PM
I`d just choose between the VM and the AIO de4pending on which LSP you`re gonna use. Using *something* along those lines is simply a good idea IMO, better than going straight to a LSP even if the finish looks fine.

IMO both VM and AIO are in the "cleaner wax" category, broadly speaking, and no I don`t consider "clear wax" to be a pejorative ;)

While I too have my preferences in LSPs, I have different ones on all our silver vehicles and while they do look different, it`s not like any of them look like they have the "wrong wax" on them or anything.