PDA

View Full Version : Zymol????

Nacho_Z71
11-17-2006, 10:24 AM
What are ya`lls opinions on this wax? I will be off all week for Thanksgiving so I want to play around with my cars and perhaps try a couple different products to see which looks best.

Has anyone here used Zymol? I hear it produces a great shine and the wax actually stays on the car longer than a couple months...Can anyone confirm???

coupe
11-17-2006, 10:31 AM
Which one?

Dan
11-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Has anyone here used Zymol? I hear it produces a great shine and the wax actually stays on the car longer than a couple months...Can anyone confirm???

It by far is not the shiniest wax out there and it lasts a couple of months... on car parked in a garage. It does add depth and is amazingly uniform (lays nice and flat) for a Carnauba. I never had it last longer than a month on a daily driver, that was Concours or Carbon.

Mikeyc
11-17-2006, 11:06 AM
Which one?

:werd:

There are a lot of different Zymols available which will give you varying results. There are essentially 3 categories of Zymol wax . . .

1. Consumer level - These are blue and I believe all are liquid. This is the stuff you find at Target, Wal-Mart, auto parts stores, etc.

2. Hand Crafted Waxes - These are also blue, but all are paste waxes. This level includes Carbon, Creme, Japon, and a few others I believe.

3. Estate Glazes - These waxes are the top of the Zymol food chain. They start at over $100 per jar. These waxes include Concours, Destiny, Atlantique, Vintage, Royale, and a few marque specific waxes such as Ital and Glasur.

I`ve always gotten outstanding results from the Estate Glazes and two applications (to insure complete and even coverage) usually lasts me close to 2 months. This is in New England where we have hot, humid summers and cold, salty winters.

Nacho_Z71
11-17-2006, 11:56 AM
Well, I wasn`t really talking about one in particular. I have never used any of them. I was mainly talking about the OTC stuff since I wanted to find something locally and try it out.

Not to be off topic, but should I be applying paste wax by hand?

quantim0
11-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Is their OTC cleaner wax worth the $13?

CalgaryDetail
11-17-2006, 12:33 PM
i know I did a review of the zymol crbon about a month or so ago. might want to search for that. It may help

coupe
11-17-2006, 12:57 PM
Is their OTC cleaner wax worth the $13?

IMO yes, i used it for years. Its best topped with a pure nuaba IMO.

kyotousa
11-17-2006, 02:18 PM
i thought zymol OTC stuff is just the same as Turtle wax stuff...

coupe
11-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Thats the rumor, ive never seen it actually proven that it is though.

Dosent really matter anyway, nothing wrong with turtle wax, not like its gonna eat through your paint or anything.

sspeer
11-17-2006, 02:29 PM
i thought zymol OTC stuff is just the same as Turtle wax stuff...

I think it`s just made by TW. I think it`s an OK product for what it is. Not very durable, but kind of fun to use since it smells so good. I`d probably go for NXT or even #26, or if you needed a good cleaning AIO, ColorX

lbls1
11-17-2006, 10:55 PM
I can confirm it for you. Zymol produces EXCELLENT waxes. They also produce some of the most expensive waxes on the market.

What I would recommend, if you are serious about trying and comparing a Zymol, is to make a choice of a zymol as to the amount that you are willing to spend, and compare it to a similarly composed or priced carnauba or synthetic. Judge the results, and it should answer your question as to whether your choice was successful.

Do not put full faith in testimonies, but rather use them to compare your notes. The in-person test and observation will be the proof of whether any wax or lsp will perform.

Good luck!