PDA

View Full Version : Megs QD + Water = ONR?????

joshtpa
11-15-2006, 07:13 AM
Someone told me today that ONR is nothing really more than any QD that has been dilluted by water. A little confused by this, but he gave me a sample bottle which he said was MEgs QD plus water. It had virtually the same effect. Can some of the experts explain?????

lemans23
11-15-2006, 07:16 AM
That makes no sense to me whatsoever because a QD doesn`t have the high surfactant concentration that is required by a car soap. I guess that yes, ONR COULD be used as a QD (I know many people here do use it for that), but if you try washing your car with meg`s quik detailer, let alone the same thing but diluted, you`re gonna have a season pass into marring heaven.

Mr_Elusive
11-15-2006, 07:26 AM
ONR is a concentrate... QD is diluted from a concentrate. So there is no way ONR could be a diluted QD.

lemans23
11-15-2006, 07:36 AM
ONR is a concentrate... QD is diluted from a concentrate. So there is no way ONR could be a diluted QD.

My point exactly. :werd:

Zet
11-15-2006, 09:26 AM
Maybe he means that ONR in the dilution for no rinse washing, works the same as QD diluted?

But I don`t see the point of the argument, since diluting QD for washing would result in a much higher cost per wash, than using ONR :confused:

I use ONR (diluted) for QD as it saves me a lot of money, especially on shipping.

joshtpa
11-15-2006, 10:02 AM
That is what I did mean. I am not sure about it being more per wash, is that so?

thesacrifice
11-15-2006, 11:21 AM
good luck with that, might want to visit the machine polishing forum sometime soon.

abbeysdad
11-15-2006, 01:25 PM
:LOLOL :funnypost

The Megs QD I had seemed like scented water - I can`t imagine diluting it and using it like ONR. All the other responses are pretty valid too.