PDA

View Full Version : Quick question?

ca8680
11-15-2006, 01:43 AM
can a Porter cable 7424 be dangerous, can it burn the paint?..... or is it just to apply wax and polish and such.....

basically is it a highspeed buffer.....or an orbital buffer that cant be dangerous....??

comparable to a makita and dewalt?

Guy
11-15-2006, 02:04 AM
You would have to try really hard to burn the paint.

ca8680
11-15-2006, 02:21 AM
You would have to try really hard to burn the paint.

can the PC do the same job as a.......makita,milwakee,dewalt and those high speed buffers?

Mr_Elusive
11-15-2006, 07:33 AM
can the PC do the same job as a.......makita,milwakee,dewalt and those high speed buffers?

If you`re asking if the PC can perform as well as random orbit buffers made by other manufacturers, then yes and sometimes its out performs them. However, if you`re asking if the PC can perform as well as rotory machines made by manufacturers listed above than the answer is no. Rotory buffers are a totally different story, you must have lots of practice to master a rotory, but when you do, you can tackle tougher jobs than you would with a PC.

BobD
11-15-2006, 07:34 AM

Sometimes it can. It takes longer than a high speed and is much safer though. What I have been recommending to people is the Cyclo. The Cyclo, I rank, between a high speed and PC and it is just as safe as the PC.

coupe
11-15-2006, 07:59 AM

IMO yes, i have not yet came across paint that i cant correct with my PC.

BigJimZ28
11-15-2006, 10:44 AM

look at the click & brag section for a wile then decide for yourself:getdown