PDA

View Full Version : Buying Chemicals: Help Please

05corolla
11-15-2006, 12:04 AM
So this is my first post here and I am about to do a full detail on my 2005 Toyota Corolla. The paint is already in fabulous condition but it does have some minor swirl marks. I don`t really want to use an abrasive on it because I don`t want to remove any clear coat. Here is the list I have come up with and let me know if these will work well for me:

In this order:

Wash, Dry

Clay Bar

Klasse All-In-One

Klasse Sealant Glaze (2 coats over 24 hour period)

Meguiars`s Next Generation Tech Synthetic Wax

Meguiars`s Plastic Cleaner (Headlights and Tailights)

Meguiar`s Plastic Polish (Headlights and Tailights)

Autoglym Window Polish

But... I am looking for a good wheel sealant/wax and a good plastic protectant - any suggestions??

If you think this process has problems or other products would be better, PLEASE let me know!!

CroMag
11-15-2006, 12:13 AM
You will probably get input as to products that people like better (I`m resisting putting my $.02 in here as it`s just my opinion), but there`s nothing wrong with those choices.

The one thing I don`t see that you definitely do need is a clay treatment in there.

EDIT: Forgot to mention - 303 is a good plastic protectant

05corolla
11-15-2006, 12:14 AM
Oh my bad, I meant to put that in there!

slippy
11-15-2006, 08:03 AM
If your car has swirl marks,i`m affraid you are going to have to use some type of abrasive polish in order to remove them.The Klasse AIO that you have on your list is not going to give you the results you want,in terms of swirl removal.

If your swirls are VERY minor,then the Klasse and NXT will HIDE them to some degree,are you going to be working by hand?(i`m assuming that you will be)

ashsarna
11-15-2006, 08:17 AM
I agree with Wise 85, you will need to polish with something a bit more powerful than AIO (the new version Post-VOC is not as strong as it use to be). If you do not want to use a pc, then you could try Meguiars Scratch X (will take several passes but I have been there).

In terms of a good wheel sealant, I have been very happy with Chemical Guys Wheel Sealant. Note, you could also use Klasse AIO for this, as many do here.