PDA

View Full Version : Little help with choosing my LSP please!?

Pages : [1] 2

03TLS
11-14-2006, 06:48 PM
For the longest time i have been using NXT or #26 as my lsp, but i recently placed an order for some RMG, EX-P and Natty Blue. My paint is nighthawk black pearl and I was wondering if I should go with RMG then EX-P and finally top with Nattys or just leave out the EX-P and go straight to Nattys?? Also how necessary is the RMG, and would adding Aquawax over all of this after a wash be overkill or should I just stay with a QD?? Finally will the RMG strip off the #26 and AW that i already have on the paint??

:thx

Thanks for the help

03TLS
11-15-2006, 01:13 AM
anyone have any input??

Guy
11-15-2006, 02:06 AM
What are you going for? Looks or longevity?

03TLS
11-15-2006, 02:11 AM
I would be willing to sacrifice a little longevity for a better look, also i am in TN so the weather doesnt get that bad. About 2 months of good protection would be sufficient.

ashsarna
11-15-2006, 08:27 AM
I am not sure how RMG and EXP will be together. However, you would probably get more durability this way. Regardless, a glaze would improve your looks. The best would be RMG/NB. Note, I have done EXP/NB and have been very pleased in the looks (best durability/protection with what you have too).

imported_bdornseif
11-15-2006, 09:11 AM
I used RMG, EXP, and Natty`s Blue on my red BMW M5 last spring... can`t speak for durability as I experimented with other LSPs during the summer, but you couldn`t beat the look (wetness and depth). :2thumbs:

Hey, Moe!
11-15-2006, 10:13 AM
I used RMG/NB on my dark gray metallic (liquid gray) Focus this summer, and was very happy with the look. I found that a light claying followed with another coat of NB every month worked out well.

I can`t speak for EXP, though others seem to indicate that durability would be increased.

With winter coming, I have gone to IW, since I can`t be sure that I can apply an LSP monthly. I`ll switch back to NB in the spring, unless some other LSP courts my fancy (do I hear someone whispering "5050?).

Junebug
11-15-2006, 12:54 PM
I just switched from Natty`s Blue to Duragloss PBA then 105, I have a flint mica color Rav4, 2006 model and I think the DG looks better. Also, after that 3 inches of rain we got Sunday, my paint dried with a light breeze and you could not tell that it had rained on it.

03TLS
11-15-2006, 02:30 PM
I definitely wanted to try out the RMG and Nattys because i have heard nothing but rave reviews for dark colored or metallic flaked paint, but i also wanted to throw in the EX-P for added durability. Would the EX-P add anything to the look?

SHould I do a 50/50 IPA wipedown to remove the #26 and AW or is the RMG a good enough cleaner to get the surface where i need it??

ashsarna
11-15-2006, 02:44 PM
Do the wipedown. I always found EXP to be better for lighter cars, however as stated, others have liked it on dark with NB.

Hey, Moe!
11-15-2006, 02:47 PM
+1 for the wipedown. If you were actually polishing with an abrasive, it wouldn`t be an issue in that care. I can`t imagind the RMG removing your LSP, so the wipedown is a good idea.

fdizzle
11-15-2006, 03:10 PM
nighthawk black - is your car a honda ?

03TLS
11-15-2006, 03:12 PM
close its an acura TL but all part of honda corp.

a.k.a. Patrick
11-15-2006, 03:14 PM
nighthawk black - is your car a honda ?

Id venture to say an Acura. I would go with the EX-P. I dont think your really going to notice any difference with Nattys as a topper.

fdizzle
11-15-2006, 03:49 PM
i only ask becasue I used to have a honda civic with paint having the same name according to HMC.

I had a wonderul expierience with NXT on that old car, but that was before I was exposed to the autopia world, and all these other brands of car care. . . .

when you decide, we love to see some pics . . .