PDA

View Full Version : Opt. Poli Seal

Pages : [1] 2

g00dy03
11-14-2006, 06:34 PM
I am planning on using this to clean up my paint tonight, and then apply DG #105. Since the Poli Seal leaves some protection, do I have to use the 601 first to get rid of that, or will the 105 bond to the paint with the protection from the Poli Seal?

Anthony O.
11-14-2006, 06:44 PM
I am planning on using this to clean up my paint tonight, and then apply DG #105. Since the Poli Seal leaves some protection, do I have to use the 601 first to get rid of that, or will the 105 bond to the paint with the protection from the Poli Seal?

Why would you want to remove the PS protection ??:nixweiss

If you want to clean up your paint and then seal it in a seperate step then why not use something like Optimum Polish or FPII?

At least use the PS and then judge how it looks before you seek to remove it.

Anthony

g00dy03
11-14-2006, 06:47 PM
I didn`t want to remove it. I only asked because I have read that 105 may not bond over a surface that wasn`t properly cleaned. I was hoping to go from Poli-seal to 105 with no issues.

AL-53
11-14-2006, 06:56 PM
you should have no problem using 105 over OPS....105 will bond to any acrylic or polymer sealant...will not bond to wax..but a sealant should see no problemm

Also you will like the looks of the 105...very wet and slick

AL

g00dy03
11-14-2006, 07:48 PM
Thanks!!! That was what I was hoping to hear. 105 is Awesome. I love the looks and slickness of the OPS(smells great too) and the durability of 105. :heelclick

thesacrifice
11-14-2006, 09:07 PM
Sorry to hijack...

Anyone having difficulties using PS? I`m having to apply more of it to my pad than I`m used to while using OP or OC. It also seems that the work time is super short, which makes me thing that I`m not using enough. Perhaps I`m treating it as too much of a polish.

g00dy03
11-14-2006, 10:20 PM
I have noticed the same thing. Its almost like it melts into the paint. After the first panel, the pad finally gets loaded up enough and seems to spread further. :think:

thesacrifice
11-14-2006, 10:27 PM
maybe thats why its sold only by the gallon!

I did my car today. Got too dark before I could finish. What I did notice is that it minimized water spot etching on my roof but not completely remove them, although I only did one pass. Ill finish PS on the rest of the car tomorrow and may go back to the roof or else will just leave it until spring when I will Polish and or compound.

Scottwax
11-14-2006, 11:12 PM
I have noticed the same thing. Its almost like it melts into the paint. After the first panel, the pad finally gets loaded up enough and seems to spread further. :think:

Sort of like Prime and Red Machine Glaze, it just seems to disappear into the paint. It seems to have a polishing effect for 3-4 passes, based on how it handled some water spots and paint transfers for me.

Once the pad is primed, it doesn`t take much product per panel. I had two 4 oz samples and they lasted me nearly a month-used in on a total of 25 cars. That works out to about 1/3rd of an ounce per vehicle. You *might* use twice that if trying to correct anything beyond light marring, water spots or swirls.

fdizzle
11-14-2006, 11:27 PM
dam . . . you got that many uses out of thet little ammount of product . . . wow . . . i need to re-evaluate how much product i am using ....

thesacrifice
11-14-2006, 11:35 PM
yea me too! I`m using about a quarter size on the pad per panel

thesacrifice
11-15-2006, 03:06 PM
I`m also getting some areas that gum up, sort of like a sticker adhesive after you take a sticker off a car...it`s weird and difficult to remove. Are those areas not getting worked in enough? How do I correct this... so far I`m finding PS a pain to use.

justin30513
11-15-2006, 03:09 PM
I used it and needed very little product. I made sure my pad was damp with a QD and once loaded up, a dime sized kept it going.

thesacrifice
11-15-2006, 03:28 PM
I must be using too much, it just doesnt look like theres any product on the paint after I move it around on speed 2 with a PC unless I use a lot of it.

Anthony O.
11-15-2006, 05:30 PM
PS doesn`t haze up like many other products but dries pretty much clear. It will buff easy into the paint and disappear with a few more passes.

I think alot of peoploe are expecting it to dry and haze up and when it doesn`t they figure they are not using enough product. It`s working just fine....some, like myself, need to just trust that it is even if you can`t visually see it.

Anthony