PDA

View Full Version : which microfiber towels to use?

imported_Frugle
11-14-2006, 05:44 PM
HA! Just kidding!

I`m asking a question that has been a little less beaten to death :hm

After detailing my car, I`m afraid of marring it again, and would just like someone to check over my process of cleaning my towels.

1) soak in water, put in washer on warm/cold and wash with Gain Liquid, and during the rinse cycle put 1/4 cup of distilled vinager. And dry on low/delicate, tweeze out visible things, and then use a lint roller.

The reason why I`m asking is I performed what I thought was a CD test. I rubbed all my towels in one direction on the CD and then looked to see if it caused any maring... and to my dismay, 95% of them did. I`m guessing the ones that didn`t, I had just picked a lucky spot to rub with.

the reason why I`m questioning that method is, the cobra MF towels that I got with my optimum kit created the most marring :soscared: .

What am I doing wrong?

I am about to place an order from PakShak including these things

5x MICROPAK 16" x 16" Ultra Micro Fiber Towel - Limited Quantitiey

2x MICROPAK 16" x 24" Ultra-Fine Micro Fiber Towel

2x MICROPAK 25" x 36" Ultra-Soft Waffle Weave Micro Fiber Towel

has anybody had any problem with marring with these specific towels?

thanks sorry for beating a dead horse.

a.k.a. Patrick
11-14-2006, 06:29 PM
Well you wont go wrong with Ranney, thats for sure. Only use the same pressure on the CD as applied to the car. Some peopel tend to overexagerate the principle behind the CD test. And that is "could the MF Im using, mar the cars finish". Its my opinion, vinyl is a lot softer then a cars clear coat.

imported_Frugle
11-14-2006, 07:11 PM
I have an unfortunant tendancy to apply to much pressure to the MF... I have the mental mindset that the harder I press the better it will clean :( I`m trying to get over it...