PDA

View Full Version : Seriously... do glaze really work?!

Pages : [1] 2

imported_artikxscout
11-14-2006, 03:12 AM
After your last step polish, OP, some people use glaze. I go straight to my NXT or Klasse twins. Is it really necessary to add a glaze? Will it really improve the looks? Will the NXT strip off the glaze if you top it?

2nd question, which glaze do you recommend. I currently use the 3m imperial hand glaze... even though it works somewhat, i think there might be better products, like meguairs. What do YOU use?

SVR
11-14-2006, 03:32 AM
3M IHG I hate with a passion. What a nightmare to use.

Currently using - Clearkote VM, RMG & Yellow, Driven to perfection polymer polish/sealant (top wet look) and will be using prima amigo very soon.

DM101
11-14-2006, 05:37 AM
I use Pin. Souveran as my LSP. And yes I use a glaze or pure polish before it. I love Red moose glaze or Mcguiar`s #5 or #81. The wax locks in the glaze and completes my "perfect shine" IMHO. Also on special ocassions when I what a knockout look for a couple of days, I put on a coat of "pure polish" #81 or #5 over my 10+ coats of PS and 50/50. It does not harm the coats of wax. It only last couple days but some heads do some turning on my red RX8. The police don`t like my pure polish finish! Zoom-Zoom!!!!

Wasatch
11-14-2006, 10:45 AM
I like VM as well, have some Amigo, but have not used it yet.

fastfred
11-14-2006, 10:55 AM
I have a question,

I just bought Red Moose Glaze, is this better applied by a PC ? if so what pad ? polishing / finishing ?

T.I.A.

Fred :usa

imported_steveo3002
11-14-2006, 11:06 AM
fastfred , a pc would be the better choice, use a soft finishing pad

Guy
11-14-2006, 11:13 AM
What do you think of Speed Glaze? I`ve been planning to try that but if VM is better maybe I should go that route.

Mikeyc
11-14-2006, 11:16 AM
I have Red Moose Glaze as well and it`s very good. Recently I tried the Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze and I was really impressed with it. It noticeably darkened the paint and added a lot of wetness. It was very easy to use and smelled great too.

Accumulator
11-14-2006, 11:17 AM
After your last step polish, OP, some people use glaze. I go straight to my NXT or Klasse twins. Is it really necessary to add a glaze? Will it really improve the looks? Will the NXT strip off the glaze if you top it?

2nd question, which glaze do you recommend. I currently use the 3m imperial hand glaze... even though it works somewhat, i think there might be better products, like meguairs. What do YOU use?

I wouldn`t worry much about the NXT stripping off the glaze as it`s recommended over Meguiar`s "pure polishes". And yeah, those products (#3/#5/#7/#81/Deep Crystal #2) are superior to the 3M IHG (I did some direct, side-by-side testing).

But the AIO *will* clean off glazes, so glazes are not compatible with the Klasse twins approach.

Sometimes glazes can add a lot (especially on single stage) and other times they`re a complete waste of time (perfect condition, hard clear like on a really nice Audi).

99% of the time I use Meguiar`s #5, which must be about the most user-friendly product ever. On some single stage I use #7, but its better appearance usually isn`t worth the added work compared to #7, at least not to me.

fastfred
11-14-2006, 12:03 PM
fastfred , a pc would be the better choice, use a soft finishing pad

imported_Bence
11-14-2006, 12:15 PM
artixscout, when you use NXT, keep in mind that the NXT itself behaves like a sealant glaze. Fills quite a lot and develops an wonderfully even film on the surface. But if you wanna go the extra step...

Klasse is different. This acrylic formula is pretty unforgiving, and can highlight the remaining imperfections. Using a glaze will surely improve the final appearance, but *may* compromise the durability somewhat.

Wasatch
11-14-2006, 12:26 PM
What do you think of Speed Glaze? I`ve been planning to try that but if VM is better maybe I should go that route.

Are you talking about Meg`s #80? If so, I like VM way better. #80 is a ***** to remove by hand.

Guy
11-14-2006, 12:31 PM
Danase Speed Glaze is what I`m referring to. Also who sells VM?

And Artikx, Danase advertises Speed Glaze to go between the polish and the LSP.

Eliot Ness
11-14-2006, 01:02 PM
.......Also who sells VM?........Danase sells it:

ClearKote Vanilla Moose Wax Hand Glaze (http://store.danase.com/clvamowaxhag.html)

Very good stuff to have around!

coupe
11-14-2006, 01:23 PM
Are you talking about Meg`s #80? If so, I like VM way better. #80 is a ***** to remove by hand.

Thats gotta be the first time ive ever heard anyone say that.