PDA

View Full Version : ONR and Ruined MFs?

clipperfan
11-13-2006, 11:34 PM
Guys, I live in seattle where there is a lot of rain and the fallen leaves can get pretty messy. Accordingly, the filth coming off my tires is composed mostly of shredded vegetation.

I got my ONR and OCW today, and presoaked the dirty areas and then used plenty of ONR solution and an MF to wipe down the care. The problem is, all the vegetation in clinging to the MF and I`m afraid my new MF is ruined for life. Does anyone have any experience with this and/or advice?

Setec Astronomy
11-13-2006, 11:54 PM
That leaf stuff is deadly, and when you wash your other MF`s with that one, it gets all over them, too. I haven`t found a good solution yet.

a.k.a. Patrick
11-14-2006, 12:01 AM
You take it to the scratch and dash, and for $3.00, you hit it with hi pressure and some soapy, water and rinse. Then run it home, and ONR it!

Scottwax
11-14-2006, 12:20 AM
I second Patrick`s suggestion, high pressure water can work wonders on MFs.

Clean your mats that way while you are at it, then squeegee them out, take `em home and toss in the dryer on medium heat until dry.

fdizzle
11-14-2006, 12:26 AM
thats a good idea scott . . . i never would have thought of that. god this website is awesome. . .

Setec Astronomy
11-14-2006, 12:30 AM

Er...I think Patrick was suggesting the he pressure wash the vehicle to remove the leaf residue before he ONR`s it.

a.k.a. Patrick
11-14-2006, 01:03 AM

Clean your mats that way while you are at it, then squeegee them out, take `em home and toss in the dryer on medium heat until dry.

Scott, I meant hit the car with some hi pressure water to rid the vegetation, before NRWS ! but the HP does do wonders to matts...........

Mark77
11-14-2006, 01:45 AM
I have destroyed one pair of floor mats by putting them in the dryer, the material on the back just fell apart.

Scottwax
11-14-2006, 02:17 AM
Scott, I meant hit the car with some hi pressure water to rid the vegetation, before NRWS ! but the HP does do wonders to matts...........

I used on an MF I dropped once when blasting out my mats, worked as well on the MF as the mats.

clipperfan
11-14-2006, 11:14 AM
Thanks guys. I have a pressue washer, so I`ll try it out. You guys rock.

Anthony O.
11-14-2006, 11:29 AM
Buy some junk MF`s for your trash areas....or some white 100% cotton terry cloth towels.

You can buy 20 mf`s at Costco for $10.00....or is it 25 towels for $10.00 ?

Anthony