PDA

View Full Version : Be Seen!!!

SA Detailer
04-13-2005, 08:16 AM
Yesterday morning I was detailing 2 cars, 1 SUV & 1 car and while doing this, I thought of a tip I can pass on to mobile detailers with rigs just starting out. Every Tuesday morning I detail these two cars and instead of pulling into the property, I pull the cars out to the edge of the driveway so when parents passing by to drop off their kids at the private school just down the street(tution at this elem. school starts at $14,000 a year so you know the have money) see me there every week and now after detailing these two cars for about 2 years, people that pass by, honk or wave because 3/4 of them are my clients. Check out the picture and see all those cars passing by. When I wash a car at a buiding, instead of the parking garage, I pull it out in front of the buiding and people will start noticing you and then when they call you, the first thing they say is "I see you all over the place!" Also get vinyl stickers for your rig, they are cheap and when I started, my advertising buck was low. Hope this help you and good luck, Martin.
Be Seen!!!

www.SAmobilecarwash.com (http://www.SAmobilecarwash.com)

CharlesW
04-13-2005, 08:28 AM
Excellent advice.
While I`m not a detailer, I do know that getting your name in front of people is a big factor in the success of any business.
In your case and probably the case of many other mobile guys, the cost is almost nothing.
Chances are that any type of true signage would be out of place, but when it is on your vehicles or equipment, I don`t think anyone would object.
The way you dress is much more important than most people think. Clean and neat people give the impression of doing clean and neat work. (Usually true)

Charles

Ben Kenobi
04-13-2005, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the advice Martin, you have found out some excellent ways of making your business visible. I agree with Charles that looking clean and neat is also a big part of what people perceive about you. My Dad has had his own A/C and refrigeration business for over 40 years and people have remarked that the truck and the uniforms are always very clean and neat.

Beautiful job on the Mercedes by the way!

Paul

tubafeak
04-13-2005, 02:33 PM
The best thing you can do is have your vehicles immaculately clean. If a detailer pulled up to your house in a dusty truck with rust holes you`d tell him to go away. Vinyl is another good way to go, but you should have it done right, not in your driveway but by a vinyl graphics company that does this for a living. Image isn`t everything but it is the point of detailing.

SA Detailer
04-13-2005, 10:31 PM
We dress well for work. Me, nice golf shirt, Docker shorts and same for my wife. We also keep our rig imaculate. Plus we do get customers that want a consultation first for their expensive ride so we pick up my wife`s Mercedes pictured here and drive it there so we can showcase our work to the client. We also donate details to high-end golf tournaments, charity events, and galas that are given to high-end cliental that attend these events, it pays itself off a 100 fold. Shop where they shop, eat where they eat, we even send our son to the same schools their kids go to. Network, it`s the name of the game, Martin

My Web Site (http://www.SAmobilecarwash.com)

G35stilez
04-14-2005, 07:04 AM
Network, it`s the name of the game,

You aren`t kidding!

Thanks for the advice. That Benz looks GREAT.

SA Detailer
04-14-2005, 07:10 AM
Sorry but the pictures wouldn`t load up last nite but here they are, Martin.

mjrleague
04-14-2005, 05:49 PM
Nice set-up Martin! Keep up the good work. I have digital prints, not vinyl lettering on the sides of my tank with the company logo and number. On the back of our trailer is our website, just like yours!

SA Detailer
04-19-2005, 08:39 AM
Thanks guys for the complements, here`s a another photo you all might enjoy, Martin.

jay
04-19-2005, 06:14 PM
on your site do you have any pics of any machine polishing work?

SA Detailer
04-19-2005, 09:51 PM
Jay, don`t have pics on web site that feature polishing because our clients change cars like you and I change shirts and their vehicles never gets to a point that it needs a polish. These peolpe want their car clean all the time, rain or shine. I`m not going to chase a $150.00 polishing job that takes all day when I can wash 15 to 20 cars a day at $35.00 minimum plus tips. That`s over $400.00 a day minimum and home by 5:00pm. Many times clients give me a price list of another cheaper price detailer gave them at home or their office and at first, this freaked me out. But they tell me that they know if they use a half price detailer, they are going to get half the quality and half the customer service. Be a businessman first, detailer second, Martin.