PDA

View Full Version : Glass film

laefd
04-13-2005, 05:11 AM
Have tinted windows (aftermarket) and use Stoners IG...while it does clean the glass with no streaks (use a MF) there is a "hazy film" still on the tinted glass...the windshield comes out pretty clear. Suggestions? Or is this just a by product of the aftermarket "tint"? Would any of the glass polishes be safe for the tint? Would it do any good? I`m wanting "perfectly clear" windows.

LoWang
04-13-2005, 12:52 PM
I have aftermarket Tint to, Hava notices this sometime, What U need to do it(or atleast what I do) Spray window, WIpe with one MF, Then Wipe a little harder with another for a few more seconds, Gets it right off

WuNgUn
04-13-2005, 01:06 PM
Have you ever tried Plexus on your tint? Basically, it`s a plastic cleaner/polish. Use your Stoners first, then go back over it again with the Plexus and a fresh clean MF. I prefer Windex multi-prupose for my windshield...Stoners is a waste of money in MHO...
For my tinted glass, I just use distilled water and MF to get off the caked on cigarette tar (mmmmm!!), then the Plexus...
BTW, Plexus smells EXACTLY like Pledge funiture polish...hmmm?
At the bike races, I see guys all the time QDing their bikes with Pledge and a MF...actually looks great, but I dunno....
Anyone do this/recommend this?

laefd
04-13-2005, 02:09 PM
Help a guy out...who makes Plexus?

Envoy Fan
04-13-2005, 09:05 PM
Help a guy out...who makes Plexus?

Check out their website

http://www.plexusplasticcleaner.com/plexus.html

jayincali
04-13-2005, 10:14 PM
I use Adams window cleaner. It`s not being sold yet I don`t think, but people have been switching from Stoners to this. Spray, couple wipes, and crystal clear.

spacemonkey
05-14-2005, 09:00 AM
My friend runs a window tint shop and I help him on the side we use windex w/o amonia after we are done with the cars.seems to work very well. I don,t know if you all know this but the better window films have a scratch resistant coating like eye glasses and amonia will break down that coating.Just wanted to tell you guys that.Don`t know if it is helpfull info or not
We also use eagle one 20/20

togwt
05-14-2005, 12:20 PM
Quote: At the bike races, I see guys all the time QDing their bikes with Pledge and a MF...actually looks great, but I dunno....
Anyone do this/recommend this? WuNgUn

I use Pledge for concourse cars to give,albeit a very temporary shine, its contents are mostly water and will provide zero protection, just a great shine…
JonM