PDA

View Full Version : Clay Magic BLUE.... for customer details?

35TH LE
11-13-2006, 04:16 AM
Is the blue Clay Magic clay strong enough to use on customer detailing? I used to use Pinnacle Poly Clay (Yellow) and loved it... however its discontinued in their attractive bulk pack. Now it costs $15 for just the 3oz bar... too much. I noticed on the ACC site the Clay Magic pack of 100gram bar + 2 bottled of lube for $14.99 has caught my eye. Will this make a nice replacement for my Pin Poly? Or am I gonna need the red Clay Magic?

Thanks.....

imported_TheFiveO
11-13-2006, 06:32 AM
Is the blue Clay Magic clay strong enough to use on customer detailing? I used to use Pinnacle Poly Clay (Yellow) and loved it... however its discontinued in their attractive bulk pack. Now it costs $15 for just the 3oz bar... too much. I noticed on the ACC site the Clay Magic pack of 100gram bar + 2 bottled of lube for $14.99 has caught my eye. Will this make a nice replacement for my Pin Poly? Or am I gonna need the red Clay Magic?

Thanks.....

Hey 35thLE unless you are having to do some really serious contaminant removal, the blue should be just fine. Remember to that most of the clay all comes from the same place due to copyright management. I would say use the blue and if you need to step up, then do so but why waste money on product ya prob don`t really need! JMHO

lemans23
11-13-2006, 07:14 AM
I`d personally say to go with the red. Reason being, if you DO encounter a car which requires it, and you only have the red, then you`re in trouble. Either way, you`ll be polishing out any hazing or marring left by the clay bar, so I`d just stock the red.

Dan
11-13-2006, 09:27 AM
Blue for me has always gotten even the most stubborn crap off. I`ve contemplated getting the red... well just because I don`t have it, but I`ve read that it scuffs the paint quite a bit. I haven`t had overspray issues, but my guess is that would have me grabbing for red. I`ve used Clay Magic blue, Mothers and Meguiars. I won`t touch Mothers or Meguiars again.

Setec Astronomy
11-13-2006, 10:20 AM
As was being discussed in another thread, it would seem the current formulation of the Sonus Block (gray) is a bit more aggressive than the CM blue, but apparently less than the red. Even though TheFiveO is correct that virtually all the clay comes from the same place or is made under license to "that place", there are a myriad of formulations, which means all clay may not be the same (which doesn`t mean that some of them aren`t the same formulation).

35TH LE
11-13-2006, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the info guys.... I already have some Sonus grey block that I keep for dirty cars. I was thinking about using the CM blue for everyday jobs and have the grey as a "in case" I find a car that has issues with a lot of contaminants.

For the price of the CM blue with lube Im thinking why not.

Envious Eric
11-13-2006, 12:16 PM
if polishing, just use the gray to get it done faster, if just wash and wax, then use the blue