PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Master Detailer from UK Video - You have to see this!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

John814
11-12-2006, 10:59 PM
This is probably a re-post... But I don`t care! I`m new, this is my second post....

This vid. is just amazing. I really can`t describe this thing, it`s just so crazy.

Any feedback on the kinda products he`s using would be much appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAPvDIpI6HQ

Just think, roughly $10,000 ea.

BigJimZ28
11-12-2006, 11:16 PM
yes it is a re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-repost

the vid does not do much for me

I think most if not all of the pro on this site

do a much better job for a lot less money

yep best of the best his bucket is imported from america!....wow

lemans23
11-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Oh wow lol, that video has been tossed around more than a Malaysian hooker.

Scottwax
11-12-2006, 11:32 PM
Mother of all reposts around here. ;)

LeadingEdgeDetail
11-12-2006, 11:41 PM
What the heck is so amazing?

He uses his hands?

He uses expensive stuff?

Works on expensive cars?

I don`t get it :argue

paul34
11-13-2006, 12:12 AM
I never understood it either. I think people (or, at least, the poor quality and wannabe-Top Gear show that is Fifth Gear) are just amazed that there is an actual method to taking care of cars - and that this method can only be had at the cost of $1000s (or should I say pounds?), and with someone who seems to have extensive knowledge and exotic accessories.

John814
11-13-2006, 12:17 AM
Hey, I just thought it was cool! And the wax by hand was neat! KUDOS to him for charging 10 large for a detail, making more money than I ever will!

And not a bad gig - Lambo dealer uses him exclusively & he has 2 Veyron owners on a waiting list....

Sorry for the repost, thought someone might know what kind of wax that was and why it was so special????

Harry Houdini
11-13-2006, 12:41 AM
It is Zymol Royal Wax which is £7118.00 per container that is almost $9000.00 for this

crap. here is a link to it,

Zymol Royale Glaze with Free Delivery (http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/Store/Product/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=29&src=google&ky=zymol%20royal%20wax&gclid=CLq7o8mkw4gCFQ-ZHgod_jLIJw)

Although I can buy it, but the only problem I didn`t get money from a tree I grow at my

house, and even if so I can feed and cloth a small village some where for 9K.

those people have to much money and they are unworthy of it to spend 5K on a single

car wash.

Edit: Intersting, this container will be refilled for life at no charge!

deadlock32
11-13-2006, 01:23 AM
ya know his PR guy did post here once I think, and you have to remember that video was edited for TV... your average person doesnt even understand the stuff and process we all have learned and done... so its kinda dumbed down.

35TH LE
11-13-2006, 03:21 AM
I envy him... but thats about it. I can think of half a dozen detailers on this board that can mop the floor with that guy and charge a TON less.

Although.. if I could find a market for that kind of thing locally Id take the plunge. Why not? I could tell my customers my bucket was imported from the UK. lol

sWISHbrade
11-13-2006, 10:52 AM
Got this from the website:

Put a very small amount of glaze into the palm of your hand. Use the warmth of your hands to melt the carnauba. With your hands gently apply the glaze in a light even pattern over no more that 2 or 3 square feet of the painted surface.

Funny. Can the warmth from rubbing our hands together actually melt Carnauba?

And if it is re-flled for life without charge, professional detailers should get it! How much would a professional detailer spend on quality wax every ten years? Would it be worth it? Scott Wax:bow , may I know what your wax cost per ten years would be?

Hey, Moe!
11-13-2006, 11:01 AM
I noticed the ingredient list for the Zymol Royale--It looks like the stuff is edible! Though, I must admit that something from Subway would be a tad cheaper, lol.

imported_Tex Star Detail
11-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Oh wow lol, that video has been tossed around more than a Malaysian hooker.

WHAT!?!?!?!?! I must have been off line when passed around....darn the luck....

Yea..this guy......wow........I do not even click the link anymore...I can always tell what it is by the title of the thread. :bolt

the other pc
11-13-2006, 12:11 PM
… Can the warmth from rubbing our hands together actually melt Carnauba?...It’s not a block of pure carnauba. One of the functions of the other ingredients is to make the product workable. The claim is that it sets up on the finish.

…And if it is re-flled for life without charge, professional detailers should get it! How much would a professional detailer spend on quality wax every ten years? Would it be worth it? …The cost of normal wax is irrelevant. It’s the time you spend applying it that counts.

The labor cost of applying the Zymol would still be much higher than normal waxes even if it was cheap to buy. If you use Zymol on customers’ cars you need to charge enough to cover labor and amortize the material investment over time. Presumably you’d be offering this as a premium service to customers willing to pay for it.

I noticed the ingredient list for the Zymol Royale--It looks like the stuff is edible! Though, I must admit that something from Subway would be a tad cheaper, lol. Jeremy Clarkson, host of Top Gear did taste Zymol (I think it was Vintage). He said it was awful.

PC.

abbeysdad
11-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Hey if you`ve got a few zillion bucks in cars, what`s 10 large for a detail - "the guy must be good cause all my rich friends swear by him."