PDA

View Full Version : great forum

tl32
11-12-2006, 02:19 PM
noob here, from s.e. ma. i`ve spent the last three days reading pages and pages of threads, and i gotta tell you my head is spinning (in a good way??) i just bought an acura tl 3.2 (03) and i`m looking forward to learning something from you guys, and bringing this car to its full potential. thanks again for all the great info. (you guys are killing me with all of the abbreviations, though....m.f`s, where i`m from (former prison guard) stand for m*****fu****:nixweiss )

AngieD
11-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Welcome! This place is awesome! I`ve been a long time lurker but have started to start posting recently. This place is harsh on the wallet too!

Eliot Ness
11-12-2006, 02:32 PM
:welcome

This is a list of Autopia Acronyms (http://autopia.org/forum/faq.php?faq=secret_decoder_ring).

Some newer abbreviations haven`t been updated yet, so this thread (http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/78533-secret-decoder-ring-spreadsheet.html) has some of the newer ones listed that you can download.

tl32
11-12-2006, 02:34 PM
thank you mr. ness...that is a HUGE help!!!:clap:

paul34
11-12-2006, 02:45 PM
heya welcome

and yea, save up your pennies `cause you`re going to need them :chuckle:

abbeysdad
11-12-2006, 02:50 PM
From prison to OCD - welcome ... it is a great place to learn and share. But with so many products, the path the zen of detailing can have a price. Not to mention family and friends just not understanding the desire to keep a good thing better.

Yea, the acronyms can be a pain at first, but the "decoder ring" helps. Soon you too will rattle them off like you`d been using them all along.

tl32
11-12-2006, 03:12 PM
yeah, my wife and daughters think that i am twisted. i`ve got to have my hobbies, though. (read: wife and three daughters...pretty much everyday of the month, somebody has p.m.s) you can only clean the garage so many times!! my wifes pathfinder is starting to appreciate my twistedness, though.